AuthID

rtl

If that soft phone is a standalone piece of software that can be used with any PBX, then all you need is the Account number, domain name, and SIP password that is needed to be setup on the extension level of the PBX for it to work.

But if it's auto-generated as you mentioned, then we don't think it's manufactured to work with all the PBX's. Just a FYI.

The softphone is able to register to any SIP server. However I need the account number and AuthID plus password to register. The account number is the extension, the password I can generate myself but Vodia generates the authid and I can't find it.

If I use the account number as the authid it fails with wrong username (authid) or password. If I regsiter one of our grandstream handsets for example, the account number is the extension number but the authid is the handset's MAC 

So the question remains, how do I retrieve, or set, the authid on an extension so I can register a softphone to my Vodia server

I know there's an android app but that doesn't work on windows. I'm trying to migrate users from 3CX to Vodia. To make it easier for them I'd prefer to use the softphone they have now which works on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac. It just seems odd that we can't find and use the authID for these purposes when every other pbx I've come across I can do that.

It seems restrictive to me and frankly is a real deal breaker. I'm going to have to rethink using Vodia now

25 minutes ago, rtl said:

know there's an android app but that doesn't work on windows.

What exactly are you referring to here? The app is just for android phones and not for Windows phones. Hope you didn't mean that.

Also for Laptop users, Windows, Linux or Macs , we already have user portal as mentioned before. Which works just fine. Have you given that a try yet? 

1) Can you send us a screenshot of what you see on that app to be filled? That'll fasten this process.

2) If that Device is SIP complaint and has not been made to work only for 3CX then it should work with AuthID being the account name or the account number.

3) Also "account_number@domain_name" or "account_name@domain_name" can also be one of the accepted formats for the username. 

Yes it will work with the authid as the acount name but I can't get the authid thats the whole point. The 3CX softphone works with asterisk, the Grandstream UCM series but we need the authid as a username which isn't necessarily the same as the account name/number.

A second point that leads from this is how can I register a handset that doesn't have a template. An example right now is the grandstream WP820. Again I need an authid to register 

5 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

If you want to try the Vodia soft phone for Windows, please contact support. Maybe that's easier.

That doesn't address the issue of registering a handset that doesn't have a vodia template where I need an authid to register the handset

On 8/13/2019 at 7:21 PM, Support said:

Also for Laptop users, Windows, Linux or Macs , we already have user portal as mentioned before. Which works just fine. Have you given that a try yet? 

Yes I have but I need a handset to make a call from the user portal. Unless I'm missing something obvious and there's a way to make a call without a handset registered

Nope, you do not need a handset at all to make a call from the browser. That's the beauty of it.

Just make sure you're logged into the browser (Chrome ONLY) via https and not http and make sure your license supports "webrtc calls" (it will say that on the /reg_status.htm page) and your firewall is open for all the SIP and RTP necessary ports on the router and on your laptop as well (infact take down the laptop firewall to make sure it's not hindering your call at all momentarily for testing).

And make a call to another extension (if you have any provisioned / registered) or to your cell phone (given you have a trunk and a working dial plan set already) and hook up an earphone to your laptop and happy making calls.

• 3 weeks later...

Returning to the question of registering a softphone, how do I get the authID for an extension. The softphone asks me for a username and authid to register. If I use the extension number or <extno>@<domain> as authid registration fails with username or password not found