transfer calls between apps

RichardDCG

Hi,

Is it possible to handoff calls between Windows and mobile apps (or from and to a desktop phone)? 

i.e. I take a call on my desk phone or Windows app and have to leave the office, can I simply pick up the call on my mobile app? I know I can transfer *52 to mobile, but I cant take the call back on the desk phone - if I take a call on my mobile app and want to pick it up on the desk phone.  Once it has gone to mobile it remains there ... it also generates an outbound chargeable call.  Ideally I would like to be able to seamlessly pickup and move calls (on the same extension) on any phone - iOS, Windows and desk.

I had thought about parking, but it could mean having a lot of park bays and knowing which one you parked your call on (if a lot of people use it - Real Estate etc. that are always in and out of the office..)?  Could there be a star code that would hold the call internally and then retrieve it back on whatever device you then used?

Well a few public park orbits would probably be fine and everyone can use them e.g. for that purpose. Sharing held calls with all registered devices would be a proper solution but does not work with standard SIP devices. We shall see how common this request is and if it deserves coding something. 

Having a lot of park orbits could be difficult to use with a mobile app?  I was thinking along the lines of a code to system hold/unhold the call specific to the extension - i.e. every extension can take a call, dial *xx to hold then dial *xx on another device (same extension) to resume the call.  But I have no idea what is possible etc. to accomplish.

• 4 months later...
For example, you can put the active call on hold and then you will find a curved arrow in the other app (e.g. Mobile App) in Calls. The call can then be taken over with this arrow.
30421?view=inline

As already described, this arrow is also available under "Calls" in the Mobile App. However, the app must be in "Web Browser" mode.  Please try this function. So please always look for this curved arrow.