Stripping Digits from Dial Plans

vichy

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a way to create a dial plan that allows 7 digit dialling within my local NPA, and all other LD requiring 11 digit dialling (i.e 1-NPA-NXX-XXXX).

btw...my Trunk accepts 10 Digit dialing.

I figured I would just create two patterns to accomplish this...

first one being:

2xxxxxx|3xxxxxx|4xxxxxx|5xxxxxx|6xxxxxx|7xxxxxx|8xxxxxx|9xxxxxx Replacement: NPA*

and the second being :

1xxxxxxxxxx replacement: ????

- what I want to do here is strip the 1 prefix from the second pattern. If I can do this, "i think" this should accomplish what I am after. The question is, can I strip digits from a dial pattern using the replacement field.

I figure there is probably a way to do it using ERE format, but I cant seem to find a good resource to figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a way to create a dial plan that allows 7 digit dialling within my local NPA, and all other LD requiring 11 digit dialling (i.e 1-NPA-NXX-XXXX).

btw...my Trunk accepts 10 Digit dialing.

I figured I would just create two patterns to accomplish this...

first one being:

2xxxxxx|3xxxxxx|4xxxxxx|5xxxxxx|6xxxxxx|7xxxxxx|8xxxxxx|9xxxxxx Replacement: NPA*

and the second being :

1xxxxxxxxxx replacement: ????

- what I want to do here is strip the 1 prefix from the second pattern. If I can do this, "i think" this should accomplish what I am after. The question is, can I strip digits from a dial pattern using the replacement field.

I figure there is probably a way to do it using ERE format, but I cant seem to find a good resource to figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

I do this very simple, xxxxxxx replacement 718* where 718 is our local aerea code.

Also keep in mind that the dial plan on the PBX has nothing to do with the question when the number is complete. You you can safely use the pattern "xxxxxxx" (7 digits) for all 7-digits, and then the replacement can just be 212* (if 212 is your area code).

Then later in the dial plan, if you don't insist on the length, you can use the pattern "1*" to match anything starting with 1, and replace it with the matched behind the 1 (you need no replacement for that).

So you dial plan could look like this:

Prio: 110; Pattern: 011*; Replacement: 011*

Prio: 120; Pattern: xxxxxxx; Replacement: 212*

Prio: 130; Pattern: xxxxxxxxxx; Replacement: *

Prio: 140; Pattern: 1*; Replacement: *

Also keep in mind that the dial plan on the PBX has nothing to do with the question when the number is complete. You you can safely use the pattern "xxxxxxx" (7 digits) for all 7-digits, and then the replacement can just be 212* (if 212 is your area code).

Then later in the dial plan, if you don't insist on the length, you can use the pattern "1*" to match anything starting with 1, and replace it with the matched behind the 1 (you need no replacement for that).

So you dial plan could look like this:

Prio: 110; Pattern: 011*; Replacement: 011*

Prio: 120; Pattern: xxxxxxx; Replacement: 212*

Prio: 130; Pattern: xxxxxxxxxx; Replacement: *

Prio: 140; Pattern: 1*; Replacement: *

Perfect, works! Thanks! :D