Update to 68.0.26 failed

RichardDCG

1 hour ago, RichardDCG said:

Can I reapply 68.0.24 via CLI?

If you have made a file system backup, it is actually very easy to revert to the previous version — just revert the file system. And if you have not made a backup, its a good time to do it now.

Yes the -old files are there to revert them back if the update fails. But you still need to be careful because there is guarantee that they match. You can use ./pbxctrl --version to find out what the executable version is.

You can overwrite the pbxctrl (pbxctrl.exe for Windows) and the pbxctrl.dat. Just make sure that the pbxctrl is executable (chmod a+rx pbxctrl). The differences between 68.0.24 and 68.0.26 and very small and there should be no issue switching between those builds. 

If it does not connect then the port seems to be closed. You can see that e.g. with netstat. It should obviously not happen. Maybe double check if the pbxctrl has the execute permission and the process is even running? You can always stop the service (e.g. /etc/init.d/pbx stop or just ps auxww|grep pbxctrl and then kill pid) and then start it manually (cd /usr/local/pbx; ./pbxctrl --no-daemon --log 9). Then you should see lots of error messages that should point to the problem.

What seems to have happened was the CDR record was corrupted potentially by low disk space and we had a number of records with 1/1/1970. The low space failed the upgrade and then a reboot caused the system to not be able to be logged in for some reason.  I ended up having to rebuild from scratch and copy folders back ... as soon as I copied the CDR folders it failed.  So now the system is back up with no CDR history.

Well, running out of hard drive space is a major problem. We show the available space on the general status web page for a reason. The hard drive does not make a difference between CDR and actual configuration data, e.g. if writing the pbx.xml file fails the system will be in serious trouble after a restart. I would recommend to really make sure enough space is available, plus it is relatively cheap these days anyway.

28 minutes ago, Vodia PBX said:

Well, running out of hard drive space is a major problem. We show the available space on the general status web page for a reason. The hard drive does not make a difference between CDR and actual configuration data, e.g. if writing the pbx.xml file fails the system will be in serious trouble after a restart. I would recommend to really make sure enough space is available, plus it is relatively cheap these days anyway.

I can see CPU and memory and keep an eye on those, but not HDD space on the status page.  Am I missing something?