V69.0.3 - some issues

RichardDCG

When I set ext. to MAC provision, not timer is set.

Inbound calls to queue does not ring any agent - phone or app. Registered as a missed call (hung up while ringing), it shows a little red icon on the queue ext. in the app but no call comes through…

Queue metrics don't refresh in app, need to make another selection then back

No indication after pressing save that anything has happened – used to green tick or say ‘saved’ top right…

We are changing the way to manage MAC addresses because of the IPEI addition. Plus it always made sense to manage devices independently from extensions. If there are a lot of extensions, it turns out its with the current 69.0.3 a little bit clumsy to access a single MAC quickly, we'll have to come up with something better. 

I found the agent extension ... are they the same (function and cost) as a regular extension?

Is there supposed to be a timer for MAC provisioning?  There is still a setting for it (Duration for opening extensions for MAC-based provisioning)but no timer is it when you make that selection in the ext. ..

Is there a way to refresh queue metrics in real time without having to change filters?

.... I tend to rely on the confirmation that something is saved, this seems to not be working.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 12:22 PM, RichardDCG said:

I found the agent extension ... are they the same (function and cost) as a regular extension?

What additional functionality is there to justify the increase in cost of the Agent Extension?  We use call queues a lot in our configs, we will need to explain to our clients the increases...

It is less about the agents but more about the queues. The queues are about the caller experience and the reporting. It is not a dramatic price difference, and it helps keeping the other prices stable while many other cloud services are currently significantly increasing prices.

If you are on a license type that does not differentiate extension types (like all prepaid licenses), the extension type for agents does not have a different price tag. Only if the license type permits other types like hotel rooms, the flip side is that agents will be more expensive than a regular extension. If you want to keep everything the same price like we had before, just use the license that does not differentiate extension types.

1 hour ago, RichardDCG said:

given this is a multi tenant install, where can I get information on a 'prepaid option'?  All I can find is single business.

Well "hosted" is post-paid, and everything else is pre-paid, including standard, pro and enterprise licenses. Technically they can also have multiple tenants in enterprise so that is why multi-tenant is not so much the point. 

15 minutes ago, RichardDCG said:

ok.  This is a multi tenant on AWS, is this an option with prepaid?  If that is not possible then the solution to 'keep everything the same like we had before' is not realistic.

Prepaid does not differentiate between extension types (at least today). With postpaid you have the option to have one price for all extensions or different prices for different extension types (at least today). So if you have lots of agents, it probably makes sense to choose the one-for-all option, and you can still do it post-paid.

• 4 weeks later...

Multiple isuess with 69.0.3 version.

When calling a tenant Voicemail will not pick up and call will get stuck and no other call can come thru.

Software keeps login in and out, so wathever you are working on doens't get save, some clients ramdomly droping calls.

I got look out for the day when upgrade it to 69 

2 hours ago, Fanextech said:

When calling a tenant Voicemail will not pick up and call will get stuck and no other call can come thru.

Software keeps login in and out, so wathever you are working on doens't get save, some clients ramdomly droping calls.

Can you provide a little more context? So you mean when an agent is stuck in a call with the mailbox, that agent does not receive any more calls? How does the agent call the voicemail? 

The login and logout is that on mobile devices? If calls get dropped that does sound like problems with connectivity? 

You can as well open a ticket about this, especially if there is sensitive information that should not be publicly visible.