HTTP PW on SNOM 360

Mads Mortensen

Normally the system automatically set-up the HTTP PW/access to the web interface, but after upgrading to ver. 3.1

It is no longer possible for us to set up HTTP access on the phones; What I am doing wrong??

Check the (updated) http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Snom. Probably the phone is not able to answer the HTTP challenge, maybe you can change the password policy for the provisioning or set up a password on the phone.

If I need to set it up on the phone, the whole idea is lost.

The idea with all this, ifcourse, that I do not need to set-up every phone

You can still choose the old modes. But none of them is really safe, that is why the default is now the challenging mode. The long-term goal is certificate based, but for that all phones must come with certificates - that will take years.

And setting up a password is still easier than setting up the whole configuration.

hmmmmmm.

Are we talking about the same thing???

I want to have the security function on the http access to the phones, som customer do not f*** up the settings in it.

If I need to have every phone in my hand doing this, I will cost me moeny.

It has not been an issue before, and therefore I am wondering why it suddenly is!

Further more, on the SNOM360 the phone is say "HTTP PW NOT SET", and that is a problem in it self, as the customers think something is wrong.

What I am wondering, is just, have something changed OR what is wrong??

I can not be true that this function hav been removed from one ver. to a other??

hmmmmmm.

Are we talking about the same thing???

I want to have the security function on the http access to the phones, som customer do not f*** up the settings in it.

If I need to have every phone in my hand doing this, I will cost me moeny.

It has not been an issue before, and therefore I am wondering why it suddenly is!

Further more, on the SNOM360 the phone is say "HTTP PW NOT SET", and that is a problem in it self, as the customers think something is wrong.

What I am wondering, is just, have something changed OR what is wrong??

I can not be true that this function hav been removed from one ver. to a other??

I just confirmed that the HTTP password for the phone is also set. Check your "generated" directory, there you should see that the password is also provisioned. The snom firmware is a little bit picky about this; maybe that's the problem.