Version 69.0.4

Vodia PBX

We have released version 69.0.4. This build includes a Windows 64 build again. The release notes are on doc.vodia.com.

We still have to do a few changes to the MacOS app—you can use it however the login is clunky and does not take advantage of passkeys and the password reminder email. The iOS app should work well, and the Android version should also work fine with this version. The Windows app was already updated to take advantage of the new 69 features.

There were several months between the 69.0.2 build and the 69.0.4 build; there were a few topics that just took a long time to get them done properly. We'll aim to have a 69.0.6 version ready in a few weeks (and we'll do 69.0.5 snapshots along the way). We do expect that we will still get feedback that will require some fine-tuning here and there but we are confident that 69 will be a great tool for office productivity.

Well computers are obviously always right, it just depends what they are told to do! We also saw the registration numbers sometimes veering off, it seems to be related to counting the wakeup "registrations" as well. It's obviously debatable. But we could argue that one extension can have multiple registrations, and then it could actually be that there are more than 100 % registrations. Frankly, it was not a top priority and the number was supposed to be indicative. 

8 hours ago, mskenderian said:

while passkey become widespread, can we display the passkey prompt in v69. i am not against passkeys, but users will get confused onto why they are getting prompted. a simple system level and tenant level setting can ease the pain while users get used to passkey and how they work.

We will have to add an option what to do after a successful login with a password: Ask the user for storing a passkey or not. If the user denies it once, then the next time it would not ask again unless explicitly enabled.

• 2 weeks later...

DTMF is a longer story than it might seem at first glance. Do you remember on which device you were using it? The support for DTMF depends on the browser which is frustrating considering its such a core feature of a phone call, and we had to implement a workaround so that at least when in a PBX IVR you can still use it. 

On 5/22/2023 at 11:30 AM, Vodia PBX said:

We have released version 69.0.4. This build includes a Windows 64 build again. The release notes are on doc.vodia.com.

We still have to do a few changes to the MacOS app—you can use it however the login is clunky and does not take advantage of passkeys and the password reminder email. The iOS app should work well, and the Android version should also work fine with this version. The Windows app was already updated to take advantage of the new 69 features.

There were several months between the 69.0.2 build and the 69.0.4 build; there were a few topics that just took a long time to get them done properly. We'll aim to have a 69.0.6 version ready in a few weeks (and we'll do 69.0.5 snapshots along the way). We do expect that we will still get feedback that will require some fine-tuning here and there but we are confident that 69 will be a great tool for office productivity.

Once updated admins and users are unable to login unless using "/rawlogin.htm" and we are unsure how to resolve this. A red gear shows at the top right of the normal login screen after an attempt to log in.

Other notes:

1) The easy switching between using the web app or desk phone is greatly missed. Maybe changing it to client/phone or app/phone would be better.

2) A way to DND easily from the app or silence it would be great. I hate to use 3CX as an example, but a app/client user could silence the app while their desk phone still rings.

3) If user is not provisioned for fax or text messaging maybe remove all references to it in the interface to not confuse the user.

Edited by DMS
Grammar

9 hours ago, DMS said:

Once updated admins and users are unable to login unless using "/rawlogin.htm" and we are unsure how to resolve this. A red gear shows at the top right of the normal login screen after an attempt to log in.

That one seems to be a major pain point. We tried to provide some hints in the release notes, but the main problem seems to be that from older installations the system management DNS address contains leftover garbage which is now actually checked against the URL in the browser. It would be convenient to continue ignoring it, however it is a great way to fend off robots and it also helps generating the right SSL certificate, so we are a little stubborn about it and continue insisting that admins should log in with the right URL.

9 hours ago, DMS said:

1) The easy switching between using the web app or desk phone is greatly missed. Maybe changing it to client/phone or app/phone would be better.

We assumed that users don't do this all the time and it now in the settings (preferences). We even had cases where users did not know what button they are pushing and complained that they cannot make calls any more.

9 hours ago, DMS said:

2) A way to DND easily from the app or silence it would be great. I hate to use 3CX as an example, but a app/client user could silence the app while their desk phone still rings.

Ok you would have to reject the call first and then click on the account image (top right) and there turn DND on. Three clicks...

9 hours ago, DMS said:

3) If user is not provisioned for fax or text messaging maybe remove all references to it in the interface to not confuse the user.

Internal messages are always possible. FAX depends on the SIP trunk provider but I dare to say that it works more or less with all of them today. But we might have to look into text drop downs when there is no SMS provider. 

18 hours ago, mskenderian said:

Yea. I have Zabbix to monitors Vodia PBX and the server. I check for SSL fingerprint change when for expire date. I everytime I update the PBX. That’s exactly what happens.

I looked up Zabbix—seems like it would be worth showing how this works with the PBX! For example, fetching https://pbx/rest/system/config?name=license to make sure the license is not expiring. I know of people using Paessler and site24x7, and adding Zabbix would be great.

The other point why the certificate is being renewed every time the PBX starts up might have been a glitch with the renewal process for the sys_adr address. We'll look into this in the next build. 

ya i have alraedy made a template, i check /rest/system/status

/rest/system/config?name=license
return "".

maybe you meant /rest/system/license?

my next move would be to make a discovery tempalte. based on: /rest/system/domaininfo
currently when i make a new tenant i add them manually to zabbix to monitor the hostname, and ports and ssl cert.
but if i make a discovery template i can have zabbix auto add the tenants to zabbix automatically.