Cant provision poly vvx500 on v69.0.5 Jun 18 2023 11:51:52

mskenderian

I deleted that phone and entered it again. it seem to work.

The issue was when i edited the phone it would not bring the current make and model from the settings. see screenshot in previos post, to it wouldnt save it.

now i have another issue, i cant update the buttons.

look at the phone logs.

it has to do with SSL certs.

0620144934|cfg  |*|00|Prov|Starting to provision
0620144935|copy |4|00|SSL_connect error Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates.SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed
0620144935|copy |4|00|SSL_connect error Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates.SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed
0620144935|cfg  |4|00|Prov|Download of master configuration file failed
0620144935|cfg  |4|00|Prov|Trying to boot from existing configuration
0620144935|cfg  |4|00|Prov|Update configuration failed
0620144935|cfg  |4|00|Prov|Not setting device parameters since configuration was not updated.

this phone is on version 5.9.7 which is the latest for the vvx 500 or any x00 series.

First of all please make sure that the MAC address is ready for pairing/provisioning. In 69, you see some gentle blinking next to the MAC address in the device management page. 

As for the certificate, if you have an old firmware on the phone, it might not have the Lets Encrypt Root CA preloaded (unless you have your own certificate on the server). In that case, update the firmware first and try if it works. Otherwise you might have to proceed with HTTP and SIP/TCP.

2 hours ago, mskenderian said:

can we get this cert added? or fix this somehow?

Well I assume that Poly(com)/HP interest in providing an updated firmware is limited. If I remember correctly you can import the certificate through the phone web interface? I also remember that over HTTP we would provision the root CA into the phone, but that does not seem to happen?

On a side note, you should also consider making TLS1.2 the minimum version, unless you are using really old equipment. 

i think it supports tls1.2. the other phone on the other PBX are on that.

It used to work. i remember when we put http for provisioning, it would first send the root CA install it, the phone would reboot and change the provisioning to https, and then finally provision the phone as it should. something broke. idk what it is.

Can we set it up for that. i dont need the VVX 00 series going away.

• 2 weeks later...