Manage call recordings

RichardDCG

V68.0.30.

I can set an ext. with permission to manage recordings (playrec manrec) on  all accounts and can see recordings in the web browser and Windows app.  However, I cant seem to set an ext. to view specific accounts and see recordings.  Are there any other settings I need to set?  The recordings tab is blank.

To be honest I didn't think this would be that hard to get an answer.  I have a ticket raised as well and the response is similar to here... it would have to be pretty easy to either replicate or prove working.

The option to specify accounts that can monitor specific extensions seems to be possible, all the required settings are there to select ... but it doesn't work.  I have tried on v68.0.30 and V68.0.31.beta and its the same.  If I select All accounts I can see recordings, if I specify accounts then I see nothing. 

6 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

There will be 68.0.32 shortly with the specific extension selection working, and that might also resolve this issue.

V68.0.32 not working either.  Can you confirm it either does or doesn't work for you?  I need to be able to have an extension view only specific extensions recordings.  

2 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

V68.0.32 not working either.  Can you confirm it either does or doesn't work for you?  I need to be able to have an extension view only specific extensions recordings.  

As you might have seen in the release notes, there is a new setting for groups. With the luxury of hindsight, we should have automatically added a default group right from the beginning; but we don't want to break things in a 30-to-32 upgrade by suddenly changing the behavior. Thus the setting to explicitly turn it on. I would give this a slight chance that it resolves the issue about specifying which user can see what recording. But obviously we need to set up a test environment where we can see this on 68.

5 minutes ago, Vodia PBX said:

As you might have seen in the release notes, there is a new setting for groups

this?  ... "Added a setting for a different group behavior. When setting the global settings grpdef to add, the system will automatically create a default group for the tenant. This way, the tenant administrator can control better what default permissions all users should have."

I'm a bit confused.  Where is this set?  The only place I can see any group settings is under Settings on the Tenant.

I have "playrec manrec ahrec" set as group permissions, the Group member is the extension I want to give the permission to and accounts in the scope are the accounts I want the user to manage.

On 8/9/2023 at 2:08 AM, Vodia PBX said:

There will be 68.0.32 shortly with the specific extension selection working, and that might also resolve this issue.

This seems to be a surprisingly tricky topic...  

68.0.32 has not resolved the issue. 

Can you replicate it - have a single 'admin' extension (group members), then select scope and add a selection of extensions?  Make some recordings on extentions that are NOT inlcuding the 'admin' one.  The see if you can view them from the admin ext.

image.png.d8e91a1058528cb9c5747f4f5c529350.png

I have a ticket raised as well (Ticket#489549) with a similar response to here...nothing.

We want a group manager to view only his groups recordings, not those of the senior managers, or other groups etc.  The settings appear to be there. (as above) on v68.0.30 and 68.0.32 but I cant see any recording except those I am involved in (ext. 102).  I need to view the recordings for 103, 104, 105 and 106.

If I set the group scope to all accounts I can see all the recordings of all the extensions.  

There is either a bug and it's not working or I have missed a very obvious step. 

I tested this and have the same issue. 

When setting the scope to All Accounts, you can see all recordings, but when you define other accounts and/or include ring groups in case permission is needed, you don't get them. 

Even if you do the inverse. 'All except specific accounts' are the same deal.

I have a ticket raised for this and contacted the local reseller/support and the response is the same as here .... virtually nil.  Not even an acknowledgement from Vodia that the issue exists at all.

This is a specific request from one of our clients and looks to be an option that should work. It is a bit embarrassing to have to keep telling them 'no news yet'.  They use queues and the Windows app exclusively so a move to V69 (even if it was ready for production) would not be straight forward.

Surely this is a reasonably easy fix?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There are still enough issues with 69.x that we cannot use it in a production environment.  This being the case there are some features on 68.x that should be working but aren't. Setting specific recording permissions is a request from a client.  They need to be able to have a manager see agent recordings but not senior management recordings.  All the steps are there to do it ... just doesn't work.

• 3 months later...