webRTC Trunk is not working properly after upgrade to V69.1.4 (latest version)

syukri

Hi, i have issue with webRTC Talk Button after upgrade my pbx to V69.1.4 from V68 where it can only ring the destination but cannot connect between 2 parties. At first i thought this issue was related to different build (V69 vs V68), but then i tried downgrade the V69.1.4 to V69.0.8 and the webRTC call button can straigh away ringging the destination and complete the call between 2 parties. so it makes me believe it either the V69.1 have issue with webRTC or my configuration on the pbx/trunk might need to be updated after upgrading to that version. i tried to do packet capture from the caller side but found nothing on the wireshark. what i can see is only some error inside chrome's inspect elements. Anyone have idea on what i need to configure to make the call button using webRTC works for V69.1.4 or help to find the thing that couse the problem.

Attached is the picture of error i found from Chrome. If using V69.0 and bellow, i can click the Call now button and it will turn red and ring the destination and the call can connected between 2 parties. For V69.1.4, when click on the Call now button, it stays green but ringging the destination ext. when answer the call, the called party unable to hear the calling party.

webRTC call button V69.1.4 status.jpeg

1 hour ago, Vodia support said:

We will have to review this as I getting different results. Are you able to connect a call at all or it does connect but you have no audio? 

It can ring the destination ext but the call not connected properly as when i pickup the call from the ext, nothing can be heard. 

From the webRTC button side (Chrome browser), when i click the button Make Call (green), it does not turn to End Call (red) when ringing the destination ext. i notice the indicator of the page using microphone (red blinking dot besides the tab) appear when i tried making call using webRTC button.

Well it a long time since we have added that trunk type. At the time, it was on the "leading" edge, most PC did not even have a working speaker and microphone. Also the WebRTC specification has changed in some areas. In 69.2, we'll use more candidates, e.g. a mix of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses which will improve the likelihood that a two-way connection can be set up. When that is done, we can look into the WebRTC trunk plugin again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 4:42 AM, Vodia support said:

We will have to review this as I getting different results. Are you able to connect a call at all or it does connect but you have no audio? 

so you are saying in your test environment, the call using webRTC trunk is successful? 

On 12/24/2023 at 4:51 AM, Vodia PBX said:

Well it a long time since we have added that trunk type. At the time, it was on the "leading" edge, most PC did not even have a working speaker and microphone. Also the WebRTC specification has changed in some areas. In 69.2, we'll use more candidates, e.g. a mix of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses which will improve the likelihood that a two-way connection can be set up. When that is done, we can look into the WebRTC trunk plugin again.

i need to wait for the next release to test again the webRTC trunk is it?

• 3 weeks later...

I have updated the PBX to the newest v69.2 and tested the webRTC trunk call. I still got the same result as the previous version (69.1.x). I found a tool in Chrome to analyze the webRTC call connection, chrome://webrtc-internals. Attached is the snapshot of the result when i initiate call connection using webRTC Call button from browser to the PBX. Honestyly i'm not proficient in troubleshooting webRTC connection as this thing is new to me. hopefully someone can guide me to find the source of failure and fix this issue.

image.thumb.png.af0934182e1da59e0aafd5515659f9f2.png