Bulk changes

RichardDCG

where can I get a list of settings to make bulk changes?  i.e. I want to do a bulk change on mailbox options, I can see Announcement mode (name_use) but nothing I enter makes any change..

I want to change Announcement mode - to name, explanation prompt to not on personal.

I recommend you change the setting for one extension at least once before you start bulk editing.

The reason behind it is that you would see the proper/correct value.

In this case the Announcement mode settings are either false/true. Or blank if it's never been modified based on my testing.

False is Anonymous Announcement

True is Name Announcement

1 hour ago, Vernon said:

I recommend you change the setting for one extension at least once before you start bulk editing.

The reason behind it is that you would see the proper/correct value

Thanks, I see it now in status when I make the selection.

Any chance the options can be placed in alphabetical order?  At the moment you have to read each option to get to the one you want...

9 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

Thanks, I see it now in status when I make the selection.

Any chance the options can be placed in alphabetical order?  At the moment you have to read each option to get to the one you want...

Yeah, I find I am endlessly scrolling up and down that list looking for what I want, some additional structure would be nice. 

On 2/27/2024 at 12:30 PM, RichardDCG said:

where can I get a list of settings to make bulk changes?  i.e. I want to do a bulk change on mailbox options, I can see Announcement mode (name_use) but nothing I enter makes any change..

I want to change Announcement mode - to name, explanation prompt to not on personal.

You can all ways set global the domain -> settings -> voicemail and set the option "Mailbox explanation prompt" so you don't have to worry about that one. 

In the drop down when choosing the setting you wish to change, you can type the first few letters of the setting name and hopefully it will pop up the one you want. This works well with settings that have unique names, but the real trouble comes with overlapping setting names such as "Send..." They are usually grouped by tab/page so that would explain why it wasn't done alphabetically