Inbound calls to IOS app not ringing

RichardDCG

Hi

having same issue, not just IOS, also affecting android

I suspect issue with Vodia Push server, have tried AU and US one (they are same) no luck.

Can see: 

[9] 11:43:18.125

TLS:

HTTP 138.197.53.25: Send Client Hello(030365F7..00020017)

[5] 11:43:18.314

TLS:

HTTP 138.197.53.25: Alert Fatal (2): Handshake failure (40)

suspect someone didn't renew certificate?

case logged, hopefully it can be resolved soon...

Hi Richard, yes exactly same error here. I've managed to get some calls through OK - 2 out of 10 so looks like intermittent issue

got message back from AU contact at Vodia, his one is working OK, but he is running 69.2.3

12 minutes ago, Matevz said:

I've managed to get some calls through OK - 2 out of 10 so looks like intermittent issue

We only get them if the app is open on screen, not if it is closed.  It looks to be a pretty recent development, pretty sure it was working over the weekend (or at least late Friday).  

Still a few too many issues with V69 just yet to move our prod system over...

thanks for confirming this, my AU contact has escalated this already, but due to timezone issue there might be big delay on getting this working again... big issue as I have 2 customers who rely on this heavily and are now loosing business...

We have moved the push server back to the old servers for now — the problem is that we need the new push servers for the new Android app which is also supposed to work with 68. We are checking if we need to enable more ciphers on the new push server.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 3:00 PM, Vodia PBX said:

new push servers for the new Android app

Can you share more details on these new push servers for a new Android app? We are having issues with existing Android version and push - but with our customers in South America. It appears that there are latency issues with existing push. Also, I noticed that push-na.vodia.net and push-sa.vodia.net are pointing to the same IP in Ashburn, VA. Are there any plans locating a push server in SA?

• 2 weeks later...

We are experiencing not inbound call notifications specifically when our call queue is getting called. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't so I think it isn't an issue with our configuration. @Vodia PBX any fix or thing we should do? All call notifications work fine unless someone is calling our queue which is how we route all of our inbound calls.

• 4 weeks later...

On iOS the phone will start ringing as soon as Apple wakes the app up. So as long as the PBX sends the HTTP client request to the push server they should wake up. I would dive into the logs, maybe the users have set work times and then PBX is skipping the mobile apps. The other things that might be a problem is if the apps are still registered through TCP with the PBX but that connection somehow has become invalid, the PBX might want to call the app through websocket and that does not make it. 

• 2 months later...

Same problem here since about a week. 

69.3.1 (Debian64) with IOS 1.29

We made an Upgrade from 69.2.3 to 69.3.1 then the Problem was gone fpor some days. But now its back. 

also we realized that the pbx didnt restart from the web interface.

Today again the PRoblem after 5 Days. 

Rebooting PBX and the Iphone app rings again, without doing any change to the Iphoner or the App on it.

before i tryed everything, Rebooting ios, reregistering... switching the ringing devices. nothing worked.

Edited by ChrisD
Update

We are on 69.3.1 (Debian64) with IOS 1.29.

None of our IOS clients are getting calls (until to app is in the foreground anyways).

This should be looked at asap, we assume something with the push infrastructure is broken.

did you check the logs? we had some certificate errors...

what kind of SSL do you have? we had LetsEncrypt wildcard and needed to add the R3 root CA, after that we get the iOS app to ring even when the phones are locked

Still no luck with Android though, have a ticket open with the Vodia support.

500 more requests pending to push-eu.vodia.net:443ⓘ
Too many webclient requests, dropping https://push-eu.vodia.net:443//ⓘ

This is what we capture in the log. Any updates from Vodia concerning the push infrastructure?

On 7/15/2024 at 9:51 AM, MFS said:
500 more requests pending to push-eu.vodia.net:443ⓘ
Too many webclient requests, dropping https://push-eu.vodia.net:443//ⓘ

This is what we capture in the log. Any updates from Vodia concerning the push infrastructure?

This problem was resolved in the 69.3.1 build. 

7 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

This problem was resolved in the 69.3.1 build. 

Actually turns out there was an another problem with UTF8-encoding that was blocking messages. This problem was on the push server itself and it should resolve slowly as the requests time out. If you don't want to wait, restart the server. 

• 3 weeks later...

I notice inbound pushed calls to iOS app are hit and miss. 

For example, if I test with back-to-back calls (using call q), on the first call I can get pushed to the iOS app then if I hang up and call back simulating say another call I don't get a push. If I wait say 30 seconds and try again it works.

This seems to be most apparent with my Call Q Setup.

I have a primary call Q with ring back tone and if not answered in 10 seconds it sends the call off to a waiting call Q with background music and messages, frequently when the call gets to the 2nd call Q the push won't work to the iOS device and I was missing customer calls. 

v68.0.38

I see this in the logs right after the push that does not work, not sure if related. 

[9] 16:15:18.069 Message repetition, packet dropped

Also some more, when it does not work.

[7] 16:19:45.609 https:push-au.vodia.net:443: DNS A returned 170.64.177.131ⓘ
[7] 16:19:45.609 https:push-au.vodia.net:443: Connect to 170.64.177.131ⓘ
[9] 16:19:45.657 https:push-au.vodia.net:443: Send request (453 bytes)ⓘ
POST / HTTP/1.1
Host: push-au.vodia.net
Content-Type: application/json
Content-Length: 356

{"code":"59QR36TQ4BEH","message":"{\"data\":{\"message\":\"{\\\"id\\\":\\\"564\\\"}\",\"forceStart\":\"1\"},\"to\":\"a@28724EF038CAF058F4016ACD24A098FB5F50E0237DD03CBAAB6F0D0E860FDA7A@8F6CD1617DC8CCFA1690E327E237EBD7072BB614E6E4A35E250AC8D304D12076\",\"priority\":\"high\"}","callid":"4686bd54@pbx","number":"XXXXXX6175","name":"call blast (08 XXX XXX)"}
[9] 16:19:45.657 Initialize TLS connectionⓘ
[9] 16:19:45.813 Received 145 bytesⓘ
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2024 08:19:45 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Keep-Alive: timeout=5
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

[7] 16:19:45.813 /: Return code 404 (7 bytes)ⓘ
Invalid
[8] 16:19:45.813 /: Return headersⓘ
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2024 08:19:45 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Keep-Alive: timeout=5
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

• 3 weeks later...

There were a few hiccups while we were updating the push servers and also update the PBX HTTP client to (eventually) support moire than one push server for better failover behavior. But it should working fine now if you are on something like 69.3.2. Version 68 does not have the HTTP client failover feature and any version should be fine.

On 8/22/2024 at 4:05 AM, Vodia PBX said:

There were a few hiccups while we were updating the push servers and also update the PBX HTTP client to (eventually) support moire than one push server for better failover behavior. But it should working fine now if you are on something like 69.3.2. Version 68 does not have the HTTP client failover feature and any version should be fine.

Thanks, yeah not ready for 69.3.2 yet. The last update broke AU number handling, we are still waiting for that to be fixed. Before I look at it again. :)

1 hour ago, Scott1234 said:

Thanks, yeah not ready for 69.3.2 yet. The last update broke AU number handling, we are still waiting for that to be fixed. Before I look at it again

not the only thing wrong with 69.3.2 ... unfortunately, it is the only version that works with HubSpot (despite what the notes say) otherwise we would remain on 68.  We just need stuff fixed without additional 'frills' at the moment.