PAC v3 not working

Mads Mortensen

• 4 weeks later...

The problem by using v3 on a multiple domain solution, comes to show in (among other things) the "status" of other ext.

Domain A can see status of Domain B (and so on)

Further, there are no logic to it - if you are to monitoring 3 ext. (which I tested with), suddenly I had status for ext. 1 from Domain B, ext. 2 from Domain C & ext. 3 from Domain D.

I have been emaling with support reg. this issue (which they knew about) and they expect to have a working ver. of v3 for multiple domains out end march.

I can register the PAC to the account. However, there are several problems:

- You should not be able to monitor extensions except when allowed by that extension. Now you can monitor anyone. This is not good!!!

But more importantly for now: While the extensions do show up on the list and you can see their state (DND or not!), when I call into the extension, I do not see who is calling and to that matter anyone calling.

Other issue:

- I think it is a mistake to have the sip passwd there and all of the different settings in the PAC.

Rafeh Hulays

• 2 weeks later...

We have been making some tests involving different PAC versions,

We have found that when a call comes to an extension through an IVR Node or Agent Group

the PAC application is unable to figure out which extension received the call, therefore it exhibits a strange behaviour.

We have noticed also, that usually PAC problems are caused by wrong button configurations or insufficient permissions for the account used by the PAC. For example, you must write the list of extensions you want to monitor in the field Watch following accounts on PAC of the PAC Account properties. (Curiously, that was not necessary on previous PAC versions).

It is also quite useful to use a HTTP Protocol debugger, such as Fiddler while interacting with the PAC. This way you can watch the request and responses being sent and received by the PAC.

We have been making some tests involving different PAC versions,

We have found that when a call comes to an extension through an IVR Node or Agent Group

the PAC application is unable to figure out which extension received the call, therefore it exhibits a strange behaviour.

We have noticed also, that usually PAC problems are caused by wrong button configurations or insufficient permissions for the account used by the PAC. For example, you must write the list of extensions you want to monitor in the field Watch following accounts on PAC of the PAC Account properties. (Curiously, that was not necessary on previous PAC versions).

It is also quite useful to use a HTTP Protocol debugger, such as Fiddler while interacting with the PAC. This way you can watch the request and responses being sent and received by the PAC.

In this version, we are mainly concentrating on the basic calls (calls from and to the extensions). We are going to add other features in the coming versions.

In the old version we used "buttons" to control what accounts you monitor. In the new version, we introduced "Watch following... ". The idea is that the domain administrator decides who can watch/monitor who. (currently user can configure this field. But will be moved out soon).

BTW, how do you setup Fiddler to watch the PAC traffic?

In this version, we are mainly concentrating on the basic calls (calls from and to the extensions). We are going to add other features in the coming versions.

In the old version we used "buttons" to control what accounts you monitor. In the new version, we introduced "Watch following... ". The idea is that the domain administrator decides who can watch/monitor who. (currently user can configure this field. But will be moved out soon).

BTW, how do you setup Fiddler to watch the PAC traffic?

Looks like the PAC uses Internet Explorer configurations somehow, you just have to set Fiddler as your proxy server in IE and make sure that the Capture traffic option is active on Fiddler. (this must be done in the machine where the PAC is running).

Looks like the PAC uses Internet Explorer configurations somehow, you just have to set Fiddler as your proxy server in IE and make sure that the Capture traffic option is active on Fiddler. (this must be done in the machine where the PAC is running).

Thanks. In the interest of the forum, I would want to take this discussion out of the forum. Can you PM support@pbxnsip.com?