agent ringing timeout

hosted

so if an agent leaves their desk and does NOT log out.. calls will still ring their phone for 2 minutes which then the system timer hangs up on the call..

this is bad. dropping customer calls. yes the agent is bad also. :)

Can there be a setting that says after X seconds of ringing put the caller back in queue (priority call) and log the agent off? that way the customer gets the next agent in line.

I see the downside now the agent comes back and they dont know they are logged in..

It would be better IMO to have this setting as an option. I prefer customers to be happy and fire the agent :)

Can there be a setting that says after X seconds of ringing put the caller back in queue (priority call) and log the agent off? that way the customer gets the next agent in line.

I see the downside now the agent comes back and they dont know they are logged in..

It would be better IMO to have this setting as an option. I prefer customers to be happy and fire the agent :)

Automatic log off sounds interesting to me. There are already ways to send the call to another location, including the same ACD. That might be a temporary workaround. Especially if is practically only one agent in that queue, so logging that one out really puts us into trouble.

The problem that we are more and more dealing with are groups with very little staff. Very! So very that the customer chance to meet a real person is so low that we need to think about ways to pretend there is a real person. It is a challenge.

Unfortunately, if you fire the last agent that will not make the customer more happy...