continuous voicemail message

jose T

The voice mail would not hangup and kept on repeating the welcome message even though caller hangs up already. Is there a field where we can limit the number of times the welcome message is played and after that limit the voicemail hangs up automatically. In the autoattendant, it at least has a hang up timeout. Can we do this in voicemail.

• 3 months later...
The voice mail would not hangup and kept on repeating the welcome message even though caller hangs up already. Is there a field where we can limit the number of times the welcome message is played and after that limit the voicemail hangs up automatically. In the autoattendant, it at least has a hang up timeout. Can we do this in voicemail.

Well, how long did you wait? There should be a timeout eventually. May be five minutes.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

We have the same problem which is an issue:

patton pstn gateway hardwired to goto a huntgroup #531, which afterhours goes to AA #71; when a caller hangs up, pbxnsip does not detect it.

This is not a big problem with AutoAttendent because I can put a timeout...but if the caller gets into voicemail it never hangs up...(not after 5minutes or ever)

What could this be?

matt

ps- i thot this had worked orginiallly, but i don't know what would have changed.

Hello,

We have the same problem which is an issue:

patton pstn gateway hardwired to goto a huntgroup #531, which afterhours goes to AA #71; when a caller hangs up, pbxnsip does not detect it.

This is not a big problem with AutoAttendent because I can put a timeout...but if the caller gets into voicemail it never hangs up...(not after 5minutes or ever)

What could this be?

matt

ps- i thot this had worked orginiallly, but i don't know what would have changed.

Does the Patten gateway send any information on the hangup, like sending BYE to the PBX?