Linksys SPA3102

stillabdul

Just some humble input here:

It really pains me ;-) to see how snom has to unessearily "fuss" with basic gateway setups over and over.

It sure seems to me if there was some gateway provisioning built into snom ONE it sure would cut down on the fuss!

Just my humble input. ;-)

By the looks of this others think so too.

But not to detract from that snom ONE is largely just plain cool. ;-)

Type: gateway => try making this a proxy

Display: SPA-3102

RegAccount: 620

RegRegistrar: 192.168.2.202

RegUser: 620

OutboundProxy: 192.168.2.202 => always problems until i changed port number => 192.168.2.202:5061

PSTN Line on SPA3102: => I always used the external (WAN) for SIP connection (192.168.2.202), not LAN!!

Line enable: yes

SIP port: 5060 => 5061

Proxy: 192.168.2.201 (PBX's IP)

Outbound proxy: 192.168.2.201 => Keep empty

Good Luck....

Done a SPA3102 factory reset.

On SnomONE:

- deleted registration information for the SPA3102 trunk, only specified the Proxy address (192.168.2.202:5061)

On SPA under PSTN line:

- Proxy: SnomONE_IP

- i used one account number and password to register the SPA as an extension

Now I can call using the PSTN line throught the SPA3102!

But...i can't receive calls from PSTN line.

Any idea?

Either we are confused about what you are trying to do or you are confused on how to use the trunks on the PBX. Please draw a network diagram and try to explain what you want to do.

ok.

I want to use the SPA-3102 as a trunk, i want to send and receive calls through the PSTN line connected on the SPA.

Now i can send calls, but when i receive a call on the PSTN line, the SPA-3102 don't send it to the PBX (I think).

Understand?

thanks, D.

ok.

I want to use the SPA-3102 as a trunk, i want to send and receive calls through the PSTN line connected on the SPA.

Now i can send calls, but when i receive a call on the PSTN line, the SPA-3102 don't send it to the PBX (I think).

Understand?

thanks, D.

I think you are misunderstanding the SPA3102. It is NOT a simple piece of kit to get your head around.

First of all, NOTHING registers. So if you have either the SPA or snomONE trying to register to the other, you've got it wrong.

For the Gateway Trunk in snomONE

Name: whatever you want

Type: SIP Gateway

Direction: Inbound and outbound

Trunk Destination: Generic SIP Server

State: Enabled

Display Name: anything you want to appear on outgoing calls

Set Account: and Username: to any number you want and use same number in SPA config below instead of ??????????

Domain: FQDN of your SPA or its IP address.

Password: whatever you want

Proxy Address: Domain:port (i.e. same info as in domain, then the port number you use in the SPA setup, probably 5061. Don't forget colon separator)

Explicitly list addresses for inbound traffic: Domain (i.e. same as in Domain, but no port. This helps ensure incoming PSTN calls use this Gateway)

All SPA config is done on the PSTN Line tab. The Line 1 tab is purely for setting up a connected analog phone to use VOIP. If you only want the SPA to act as the PSTN Gateway for the PBX, you can leave Line 1 disabled

SIP Settings

- SIP Port: something NOT 5060. Default is 5061 and should work for you.

Proxy and Registration

- Proxy: FQDN or IP address of your PBX

- Outbound Proxy: BLANK

- Use Outbound Proxy: no

- Register: no

- Make Call Without Reg: yes

- Ans Call Without Reg: yes

Subscriber Information (all blank except:-)

- Password: use the password you set in snomONE

- User ID: ??????????

- Use Auth ID: no

VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Setup

- VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Enable: yes

Dial Plans (use any, e.g. 2 - you MUST include the enclosing brackets below)

- Dial Plan 2: (<:??????????>S0)

PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup

- PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Enable: yes

- PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: no (unless you have a regular phone connected to the SPA and want it to ring)

- PSTN Caller Default DP: set to whatever Dial Plan you set up above, e.g. 2

- PSTN CID For VoIP CID: yes (this will pass incoming caller-ID on to the PBX. BUT will cause failure with UK VOIP providers. In which case, choose no)

International Control

- SPA To PSTN Gain: 18

- PSTN To SPA Gain: 12

Be aware that the SPA is sensitive to its 'gain' settings. It's easy to make call volume too low, or introduce bad echo if set too high. I've provided you with my current Gain settings, but you might need to play with the settings to optimise call quality.

All other International settings (and e.g. in the Regional tab) can be adjusted to suit your local conventions. It's likely you can find appropriate settings from the 'Net that will ensure call ringing etc sounds correct for you.

I think that's it. This is the correct way to set up the SPA and it does work. If your's doesn't, then either you've not copied my instructions correctly, or I've missed something out (which is quite possible, but I hope not:-)

I hope this helps.

I think you are misunderstanding the SPA3102. It is NOT a simple piece of kit to get your head around.

First of all, NOTHING registers. So if you have either the SPA or snomONE trying to register to the other, you've got it wrong.

For the Gateway Trunk in snomONE

Name: whatever you want

Type: SIP Gateway

Direction: Inbound and outbound

Trunk Destination: Generic SIP Server

State: Enabled

Display Name: anything you want to appear on outgoing calls

Set Account: and Username: to any number you want and use same number in SPA config below instead of ??????????

Domain: FQDN of your SPA or its IP address.

Password: whatever you want

Proxy Address: Domain:port (i.e. same info as in domain, then the port number you use in the SPA setup, probably 5061. Don't forget colon separator)

Explicitly list addresses for inbound traffic: Domain (i.e. same as in Domain, but no port. This helps ensure incoming PSTN calls use this Gateway)

All SPA config is done on the PSTN Line tab. The Line 1 tab is purely for setting up a connected analog phone to use VOIP. If you only want the SPA to act as the PSTN Gateway for the PBX, you can leave Line 1 disabled

SIP Settings

- SIP Port: something NOT 5060. Default is 5061 and should work for you.

Proxy and Registration

- Proxy: FQDN or IP address of your PBX

- Outbound Proxy: BLANK

- Use Outbound Proxy: no

- Register: no

- Make Call Without Reg: yes

- Ans Call Without Reg: yes

Subscriber Information (all blank except:-)

- Password: use the password you set in snomONE

- User ID: ??????????

- Use Auth ID: no

VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Setup

- VoIP-To-PSTN Gateway Enable: yes

Dial Plans (use any, e.g. 2 - you MUST include the enclosing brackets below)

- Dial Plan 2: (<:??????????>S0)

PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup

- PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Enable: yes

- PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: no (unless you have a regular phone connected to the SPA and want it to ring)

- PSTN Caller Default DP: set to whatever Dial Plan you set up above, e.g. 2

- PSTN CID For VoIP CID: yes (this will pass incoming caller-ID on to the PBX. BUT will cause failure with UK VOIP providers. In which case, choose no)

International Control

- SPA To PSTN Gain: 18

- PSTN To SPA Gain: 12

Be aware that the SPA is sensitive to its 'gain' settings. It's easy to make call volume too low, or introduce bad echo if set too high. I've provided you with my current Gain settings, but you might need to play with the settings to optimise call quality.

All other International settings (and e.g. in the Regional tab) can be adjusted to suit your local conventions. It's likely you can find appropriate settings from the 'Net that will ensure call ringing etc sounds correct for you.

I think that's it. This is the correct way to set up the SPA and it does work. If your's doesn't, then either you've not copied my instructions correctly, or I've missed something out (which is quite possible, but I hope not:-)

I hope this helps.

ok, it works!

My problem was in the Dial Plan settings and so in PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup.

Thank you,

best regards.