autoprovisioning on a Hosted solution

Mads Mortensen

We will provide the possibility to provision the web client passwords. For this, you will have to put files into the html or tftp folder, this way the devices out there will get the password. This is again "safeby by MAC", but at least once the upgrade is over you can remove the files and continue normal operation.

For new devices, you should make sure that the devices have the username/password already in the device and the customer knows how to put it into the phone after a factory reset.

We will provide the possibility to provision the web client passwords. For this, you will have to put files into the html or tftp folder, this way the devices out there will get the password. This is again "safeby by MAC", but at least once the upgrade is over you can remove the files and continue normal operation.

For new devices, you should make sure that the devices have the username/password already in the device and the customer knows how to put it into the phone after a factory reset.

When, where and how???

I tried the solution suggested in the forum (with a new set of phones).

But I did not work either.

How do I do this?

Hi,

after upgrading to ver. 3.3.1

we are having huge problems autoprovisioning SNOM phones on our Hosted PBXnSIP solutions

What do we do??

It is NOT an option to call back every single phone to reprogram them.

Please help,

Found the solution & work around for new phones - and the future solution.

BUT I can not avoid to correct settings in phones we have sold until upgrade to ver. 3.3.

A waste of time to reprogram every phone sold since the day we started!!

Found the solution & work around for new phones - and the future solution.

do tell.

pbxnsip is there a script that will pull out all tftp config files so we can migrate to 3.3 and upload them to the tftp directory? so we dont have to go onsite to all those customers..

do tell.

pbxnsip is there a script that will pull out all tftp config files so we can migrate to 3.3 and upload them to the tftp directory? so we dont have to go onsite to all those customers..

I got the message, that I could put some files into to html OR tftp folder, and then I could update the phones with the new PnP settings; BUT I need to make a file for each phone; And I think this will take the same time, as going online with a customer and correct their phones.

I got the message, that I could put some files into to html OR tftp folder, and then I could update the phones with the new PnP settings; BUT I need to make a file for each phone; And I think this will take the same time, as going online with a customer and correct their phones.

We made a fix that allows the admin to manually put files into a folder called "provisioning". That makes it possible to upgrade phones in the field. Obviously we want to push the responsibility for publically exposing passwords to the admin. So keep these files there not for too long.

It also makes clear why we needed to do this. It is not that we got bored; there was simply a security hole that we needed to close. Unfortunately, it is not possible to do this fully backward compatible, as the phones out there simply are not able to authenticate themselves.

The attachment can serve as template (however - untested, so a feedback would be great).

snom_000413123456.xml

snom300_000413123456.htm