Trunk Disappeared

Bill H

New installation with Version 3.4.0.3201 (Win32)

2 Callcentric SIP Registration (Trunks) were created and work OK.

A SIP Gateway (Trunk) was created for an external service provider that did not require, or want, SIP Registration.

During the process of setting up and testing, the SIP Gateway (Trunk) disappeared.......

The XML file still has it there but it does not come up in PBXNSIP Admin screen for trunks.

Any ideas as to how to get the trunk back?

I have had this happen as well. Sometimes I even have had them end up in another domain. I think it has something to do with 2 people logging in to administer the pbx at once, or having 2 coppies or tabs of internet explorer open at once to administer the PBX. It is hard to duplicate, however I am pretty sure that this is what has happened.

New installation with Version 3.4.0.3201 (Win32)

2 Callcentric SIP Registration (Trunks) were created and work OK.

A SIP Gateway (Trunk) was created for an external service provider that did not require, or want, SIP Registration.

During the process of setting up and testing, the SIP Gateway (Trunk) disappeared.......

The XML file still has it there but it does not come up in PBXNSIP Admin screen for trunks.

Any ideas as to how to get the trunk back?

Can you email the xml file to support@pbxnsip.com?

it has happened to me as well, i have a ticket open with pbxnsipsupport for several months and they were never able to figure it out, i also told them that i believe it happened when a System Admin was logged in, along with a Domain Admin

try checking other domains, and i wouldn't be surprised if the trunk ended up there "some how"

hopefully there is a fix for it

Can you email the xml file to support@pbxnsip.com?

Sorry too late now...

We used a master pbx.tar file to set the PBX up.

We just defaulted the PBX and re-loaded the config to get us back to square 1.

The trunk was the only thing that was configured in the installation so it wasn't a big loss to start all over.

it has happened to me as well, i have a ticket open with pbxnsipsupport for several months and they were never able to figure it out, i also told them that i believe it happened when a System Admin was logged in, along with a Domain Admin

try checking other domains, and i wouldn't be surprised if the trunk ended up there "some how"

hopefully there is a fix for it

Its very diffcult to recreate such occurance when a trunk disappears on your pbx. Its difficult to pin point in such rare cases but if it happends again please email the xml file to support@pbxnsip.com

it has happened to at least heavy users on here, we do have info on when this happened

when 2 system admins are logged into the system the same time, the trunk will move to the 2nd persons log in domain he is working on

if I'm logged into company1 and make changes and another tech is logged into company2 (as system admin like me) and makes changes

the trunk will move to company2's domain

• 8 months later...

hi there,

i am also trying to pin this down.

one thing i recognized with the global flag.

i had a trunk configured in domain1.com

i set this trunk to global in domain1.com

setup domain2.com to use it

go back to domain1.com and set it to local.

the trunk ends up domain2.com. i would expect it to become local in the domain where i set it local.

reco