Login/Logout doesnt work

Shailesh

Cannot login or log out agents.

I have used the LOGIN/LOGOUT button and the star codes *64 or *65

I also tried entering the Agent Group Number after the star code.

All I get is this message :

"This feaure is not available at this time"

I also tried the MENU button on the phone and select Agent Login/Logout

All in vain.....the login button stays lit up on the SNOM phone. And stays lit up, no matter what I do.

UNLESS I TAKE THE EXTENSION OFF THE AGENT GROUP AND RESTART THE PHONE.

Hardware details :

SNOM320 Phone

PBXNSIP TS12100 Appliance with Ver 4

The ACD and call queuing works great though. But the Agents wants to go for a short break....real bad.....:-)

Help. ( I know I may be missing something really stupid here, but this new version doesnt even have LOGIN options in the Extension Menu anymore !! )

That doesn't make sense. I am checking this system out and it has all and more than other earlier versions.

Why would it not have Agent Login/ Log out.

The call queuing works fine.

Did you set the list of agents that are allowed to login into the ACD? I assume the feature codes are not changed in the domain settings. Maybe attach a screen shot of the ACD web page here so we can take a quick look.

The star codes work only if the agents are in the "jump in and out " group.

An extension setup as an Agent in the first field needs to be again in the "jump in and out" field so that he can log in and out????

Why the duplication?

Also, if I enter * in the "jump in and out" field then any body can log in and log out....then why do I have to enter Agent Extension in the Main field????

I may be a newbie with reference to the PBXnSIP system but trust me, I aint no rookie when it comes to Business Telephone Systems ! >:(

And Matt you are right about the bug in 4.0. The Agent Login Button stays lit up, no matter what the star codes do.

I am told it will be fixed asap.

:-(

The star codes work only if the agents are in the "jump in and out " group.

An extension setup as an Agent in the first field needs to be again in the "jump in and out" field so that he can log in and out????

Why the duplication?

Also, if I enter * in the "jump in and out" field then any body can log in and log out....then why do I have to enter Agent Extension in the Main field????

I may be a newbie with reference to the PBXnSIP system but trust me, I aint no rookie when it comes to Business Telephone Systems ! >:(

And Matt you are right about the bug in 4.0. The Agent Login Button stays lit up, no matter what the star codes do.

I am told it will be fixed asap.

:-(

You wrote:

"An extension setup as an Agent in the first field needs to be again in the "jump in and out" field so that he can log in and out????

Why the duplication?"

I see it this way:

The Agents field is what PBXNSIP uses to determine which Agents are available at any given time.

If you watch this field it will change as Agents log in and out. It is an availability pool.

The "Extensions that may jump in or out (* for all):" field simply adds a new dimension of control and it Never Changes.

You may want an Agent to be a member of a particular ACD Group, but you may not want them to be able to Log Out....Ever... So you would not enter this Agents extension number in this field.

As you pointed out * (STAR) will allow anyone to log in or out and this may be useful in a different situation.

It sounds like your install only needs some basic ACD Agent logging control whereas a more sophisticated install would need these options.

PBXNSIP is a dynamic software product that has many dimensions within its features.

Try looking at it from a programmers point of view and it will all make a lot more sense.

Bill H