how to reset admin web password?

mattlandis

Yepp. The good old Kiwi still has it. Just in case we really turn it off one day:

1. Get access to the file system of the PBX
  2. Edit the pbx.xml file and delete the hash in the pw_pass field
  3. Restart the service.
  4. Login without password.

This also points out what the security relevant point of the systems are. I just heared from a friend a story that someone hacked his gateway running on public IP (not the PBX :P ) and produced a telephone bill about 50,000 dollars within one month. "Least cost routing" in a way for that hacker. So be sure to pick passwords that are not so easy to guess if you are running the stuff on public IP! This is serious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello

I treated to reset the root password for the CS410 using the information tha i found in wiki.... it is> "If you loose this password, you can reset the IP address and root password to the factory defaults by holding in the reset button until the fxo lights come on solid and then power cycle the box. "

I held in the reset button untl the fxo light came on solid and then switch the power off / on.

Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Yepp. The good old Kiwi still has it. Just in case we really turn it off one day:

1. Get access to the file system of the PBX
  2. Edit the pbx.xml file and delete the hash in the pw_pass field
  3. Restart the service.
  4. Login without password.

This also points out what the security relevant point of the systems are. I just heared from a friend a story that someone hacked his gateway running on public IP (not the PBX :) ) and produced a telephone bill about 50,000 dollars within one month. "Least cost routing" in a way for that hacker. So be sure to pick passwords that are not so easy to guess if you are running the stuff on public IP! This is serious.

Hello

I treated to reset the root password for the CS410 using the information tha i found in wiki.... it is> "If you loose this password, you can reset the IP address and root password to the factory defaults by holding in the reset button until the fxo lights come on solid and then power cycle the box. "

I held in the reset button untl the fxo light came on solid and then switch the power off / on.

Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Are you able to ssh to cs410? If you can, you can open the pbx.xml file and then delete the password as mentioned in couple of posts earlier in this thread. BTW, by default there is no password for the user 'admin'.