Voicemail with annocuncement only

andy

Some of our voicemail boxes should not record messages, but return an announcement only to the calling party.

I have tried to set Accounts/Mailbox/Maximum Number of Messages to 0. The system does not record any messages with this setting , but there is still a beep once the mailbox message has been played so people still think they can leave a message.

Is there a way to solve this. If not I would like to suggest to include an option for announcement only. That's probably very easy to implement.

Hmm. Currently that is not possible, at least not with the mailbox. IVR node comes to my mind, but the setup will not be straightforward. I like the idea with the max size of zero, but that is not in any version right now. We'll put that into head, but it will not make it into 2.1 any more.

Hmm. Currently that is not possible, at least not with the mailbox. IVR node comes to my mind, but the setup will not be straightforward. I like the idea with the max size of zero, but that is not in any version right now. We'll put that into head, but it will not make it into 2.1 any more.

Great. I think this simple feature would be very useful to many users. Quite often in business you just want to give information to callers but not receive messages. A simple example is an announcement of opening hours.

• 3 years later...

Great. I think this simple feature would be very useful to many users. Quite often in business you just want to give information to callers but not receive messages. A simple example is an announcement of opening hours.

Yes, this would be really helpful.

Also together with the service flag the call could be routed to an extension with voicemail containing only the

information when the office is open / closed.

Currently the solution according to the manual is setting up an auto attendant with IVR + service flags.

This does work of course but if a user enters a number then the auto attendant kicks in and tells if

extension is available or not.