wild card not allowed?

iActive

just setup a paging account. Found that you can't use wild cards in the list of accounts to ring. When you do paging no longer works. Same is true in the account permission page. When you try to use a wildcard in the intercom permissiion field.

any work arounds for these? I'd hate to manually enter every single account for these two features.

For paging we deliverately choose not to offer wildcards just because this can easily result in explosive call volume. For example, where there is a domain with hundred extensions, a star would be a ticking time bomb. I believe for other fields the star is possible where there is no performance impact to be expected.

For paging we deliverately choose not to offer wildcards just because this can easily result in explosive call volume. For example, where there is a domain with hundred extensions, a star would be a ticking time bomb. I believe for other fields the star is possible where there is no performance impact to be expected.

I agree with that rationale.

i suggest that fields that don't allow wildcards be noted in the UI. (since it is an exception) those little footnotes are fine. Even a popup help.

Matt