Directory key is slow

Alex Sergeev

Good day!

After upgrade from 4.0.1.3499 to 4.2.0.3981 when I press the Directory key on any snom phone, I need to wait more than 5 seconds to display a list of contacts. If I press the letter key, I must also wait more than 5 seconds. And so on. It is very inconvenient. Until that time, much faster. Help my users please.

Good day!

After upgrade from 4.0.1.3499 to 4.2.0.3981 when I press the Directory key on any snom phone, I need to wait more than 5 seconds to display a list of contacts. If I press the letter key, I must also wait more than 5 seconds. And so on. It is very inconvenient. Until that time, much faster. Help my users please.

They load the directory data into the phone a different way now....I think it used to be XML which was fast but now it's LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)which takes 4 or 5 seconds on my phone to load the data.

Few questions to rule out the obvious

- Are you sure you are running .3981? (check the status page)

- Are you sure if the phone has done the PnP with the PBX that is running .3981? Sometimes, folks have done PnP with different PBX (running older version) and configured an identity to the new PBX.

Other alternative is to provide us with a test extension to configure a phone on your system (you can probably PM or send email to support@pbxnsip.com)

1. Are you sure you are running .3981? (check the status page)

Yes, I'm sure 4.2.0.3981 (Linux) on CentOS 5.4.

2. Are you sure if the phone has done the PnP with the PBX that is running .3981? Sometimes, folks have done PnP with different PBX (running older version) and configured an identity to the new PBX.

I tried to connect "new" phone to the PBXnSIP. The problem remains. And can PnP xml-files of old versions inherit to new version PBXnSIP after upgrade?

3. The 1000 entries could be a problem, especially if the PBX has to perform a table scan. What you can do is run taskmgr, put it on fast update then hit the directory key a couple of times and see if one of the cores goes to 100 % load.

On version 4.0.1.3499 with 1000 entries the problems was not. But I tried to measure CPU load. The pbxctrl process does not exceed 5% during the request to the address book. Also, I took a tshark-dump. Maybe you have something in it to see?

DirectorySlow.zip

I just used the windows 2003 active directory server, and added an ou=people for all the contacts, and they work great for incoming calls.

There is no delay, and I put all the numbers for a single person in one contact object.

using the builtin LDAP server, you are limited to 1 phone # per person.

even for snom870, using the phone to look up directory is a real headache... so for now, it is for incoming display only

Just curious - Do you have a 'localhost' as one of the PBX domains (or at least an alias to one of the domains)?

I did not understand what you mean.

At PBXnSIP, we use the same domain. But I do not understand why we need to append the name "localhost". On the Domains tab, I see a warning:

You have only one domain, but that domain does not include the name "localhost". This might cause problems match incoming requests with the domain. Consider adding the name "localhost" to the list of domain names of your domain.

You believe that the solution to our problem lies in that phrase?

P.S. I recall that we have a problem with global address book PBXnSIP. LDAP, we do not use.