Missed call number

p800aul

Hi

I'm sure this is simple and down to my inexperience with this system. I have a snom one system with a m9 set and a couple of 300. when i miss a call the number from landlines present like this 0114-278 376 as an example when i try to call this number i get a number unobtainable tone (quick beeps). incoming mobiles for some reason present as 07973222222 for example and dial without issue.

is there something I'm missing?

regards

Paul

Did you set a country code in your domain? That would explain why you see the strange formatting.

Nope both country and area code are blank.

The log shows the number comming in with a -

SIP/2.0 487 Request Terminated

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.1.13:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-0e741a19b0c76a914c0a84e112ab6d9d;rport=5060

From: <sip:01246-813XX3@192.168.1.200:5060;user=phone>;tag=26412

To: <sip:anonymous@192.168.1.13:5060;user=phone>;tag=vegrlg

Call-ID: 225982df@pbx

CSeq: 25856 INVITE

Contact: <sip:42@192.168.1.2:3626;transport=udp;line=i49ilr>

Supported: 100rel, replaces, norefersub

User-Agent: snom-m9/9.3.9-a

Content-Length: 0

I've checked with Patton the FXO i'm using and they don't think it's them

Regards

Paul

The 'To" is "anonymous"? Can you send the original (missed call) SIP messages?

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean the "to" is "anonymous" in the entire log. The call comes in via the FXO on a patton, the pbx picks it up on a hunt which rings all the handsets in the group, if no one picks up the call goes to an auto attendant which offers the opportunity to transfer to a mobile or leave a message.

if you can tell me where i might get the information you need to help me further i will go get it.

thanks

Paul

The first thing that most probably causes problems is that the number in the From/To headers contain a "-". This is a valid character, as SIP URI can contain practically any character. In a SIP URI 978-746-2777 ir not equal to 9787462777. The gateway should by all means send the number without the dashes in the middle. (I guess the XXX is not in the real trace and just there to hide your real number).

And the other thing is that how can the To header have "anonymous"? The caller does not want to reveal information about who he wants to call?! There is something strange.

The first thing that most probably causes problems is that the number in the From/To headers contain a "-". This is a valid character, as SIP URI can contain practically any character. In a SIP URI 978-746-2777 ir not equal to 9787462777. The gateway should by all means send the number without the dashes in the middle. (I guess the XXX is not in the real trace and just there to hide your real number).

And the other thing is that how can the To header have "anonymous"? The caller does not want to reveal information about who he wants to call?! There is something strange.

I've just done a further test bypassing the Patton using a sipgate line here are the results

From: "01246813xxx" <sip:01246813xxx@sipgate.co.uk;user=phone>;tag=48244

To: <sip:00441246887xxx@sipgate.co.uk;user=phone>

I see what you mean now, I guess it's the patton as both trunks are set up the same on the snom.

i'll get back to them and come back here if i get an answer

thanks

Regards

Paul