BLF Configuration

Jack Russell Racing

I'm stumped.

I have setup SnomOne 2011-4.2.1.4025 on Windows, and installed 4 new SNOM 821 phones. All phones are on firmware snom821-SIP 8.4.32

When I try to establish BLF functionality via the phone's web interface, I use "BLF" <sip:101@pbx.mydomain.com;user=phone> (mydomain is actually listed, but I've masked for this posting)

The phones switch to their BLF screens appropriately when calls are engaged, but they never release the BLF screen or disable the LED's when the calls are released. It is like the BLF is totally stuck after the first initial use. The only recourse is to reboot the phone and/or the server.

I must be missing something simple. Can anyone shed some light on this BLF issue?

p.s. This is a test environment and we are evaluating SnomOne as a replacement for 3CX

Confirmed, the BLF does now work.

So to confirm, firmware snom821-SIP 8.4.32 on a SNOM 821 does not properly release the BLF for SnomOne 2011-4.2.1.4025 (Windows). Reverting to firmware snom821-SIP 8.4.31 on the phones does properly work.

However, in the great scheme of two steps forward and one back, now the ability to disable the blinking "missed call" LED no longer works.

(*http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/dummy.htm?settings=save&led_call_indicator_usage=PhoneHasCallInStateRinging%20PhoneHasCall) Arrg. We're trying to leave 3CX to avoid some of these buggy issues.

Don't use the dialog-state BLF, this is very difficult to get working and you get another subscription for each button you have (not many in the case of 821, but a design misconception). You should just use buttons, which you can conveniently setup from the PBX web interface and then PnP to the phone.

Don't use the dialog-state BLF, this is very difficult to get working and you get another subscription for each button you have (not many in the case of 821, but a design misconception). You should just use buttons, which you can conveniently setup from the PBX web interface and then PnP to the phone.

Can you elaborate on this a bit more?

I created a button list at the domain level:

NAME: 101

TYPE: BLF

PARAMETER: <sip:101@nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn;user=phone>

LABEL: Mary

NAME: 102

TYPE: BLF

PARAMETER: <sip:102@nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn;user=phone>

LABEL: Steve

and so on.

I designated the Accounts (extension 101, 102, etc) to use that Button List. The phones are PnP (all are SNOM 821) The button list does not seem download or have any effect on the phones themselves. I suspect I am doing something incorrectly.

PnP must be working properly, because the phones autoprovision fine, the firmware downloads from our server, the address book works fine, etc. etc.

And that my friends, is how SNOM (in my use thus far) smokes 3CX.

Zero fuss, zero mess. Made the modifications as shown above (thank you!) and whammo.... it works perfectly. I fully expect to relinquish our 3CX licenses in the next 30 days, based on all of our testing and beta-use.

I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. The drama of our old system may soon be a distant memory. :) And mind you... we're not new to 3CX. We lived with it since early V3 versions as a registered/licensed account.