DMTF setting

hosted

Is there a way to adjust the DTMF sensitivity?

It seems now all my pbxnsip systems that are running on a VoIP Provider who passes INBAND DTMF for some reason dont accept DTMF from certain cell phones. Oddly enough.

I have tested this and confirms. I do see the DTMF levels change when analyzing the inputs but its not recognized.

No, DTMF sensititity is "hard coded". We did a major upgrade maybe around a year ago, and so far it was reportedly okay. If situations with heavy jitter I can imagine there will be trouble.

Of course, if you can you should always use out of band and push everyone to support out of band.

Maybe you can get a Wireshark file so we can extract the audio for reproducing the problem in the lab.

Is there a way to adjust the DTMF sensitivity?

It seems now all my pbxnsip systems that are running on a VoIP Provider who passes INBAND DTMF for some reason dont accept DTMF from certain cell phones. Oddly enough.

I have tested this and confirms. I do see the DTMF levels change when analyzing the inputs but its not recognized.

I got the similar problem before after upgrading the pbxnsip system from 2.0.3.xxxx to 2.1.0.xxxx. The problem only happened on CDMA cell phones. I fixed the problem by forcing the PSTN GW to use RFC 2833 for SIP DTMF relay.