Video With Alpha Monocerotids

RandyTorok

I have been testing the new version of snomONE for some time now and have had one persistent issue that I can not figure out.

There is a new feature that allows you to add in a URL for a video that gets linked to an extension. That way the video is displayed with the initiation of the cal weather it be from the phone, or from the door station(snom ICU). This is a great feature and I would love to see it working, but it doesn't. If I initiate a call from the phone to the door station it works just fine, the video comes up. If I start the video from the door station(ICU) then the video is displayed briefly, then the phone displays a 404 error. Below is the log that I believe indicates the issue. The pbx creates the xml file that fetches the video, it should have an IP address for the pbx, as this is hosting the xml file, but instead has a loop back IP address which causes a 404. Is there any way to fix this?

[5] 1999/12/31 21:37:54:

SIP Tx udp:192.168.6.70:3072:

NOTIFY sip:40@192.168.6.70:3072;line=q0bikatg SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.6.132:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-c2a83f26d424244c05b9be958e0df0bc;rport

To: "snom870" <sip:40@192.168.6.132>

Call-ID: jcuxk8d8@pbx

CSeq: 30701 NOTIFY

Max-Forwards: 70

Event: xml

Subscription-State: terminated;reason=noresource

Content-Type: application/snomxml

Content-Length: 283

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SnomIPPhoneImageFile track="no">

<LocationX>0</LocationX>

<LocationY>0</LocationY>

<url>http://192.168.6.130/dms?0.14336382527835667</url>

<fetch mil="500">http://127.0.0.1:80/static/8vg24xdpecj0a0ggty6l</fetch>

</SnomIPPhoneImageFile>

The "video" feature actually makes the phone fetches a XML through HTTP and then after that fetch a JPEG, then fetch another XML which makes the phone fetch another JPEG and so on. In other words, a ugly workaround that comes close to a DoS (especially for SheevaPlug).

Rumor has it that the phones will support MJPEG soon and then it is time to take the "video" feature out. Then the phone can fetch the video stream directly from the camera.

Why then when dialing from the 870 does it work completely? It creates the same xml file and does the same thing, only with out the loop back IP, it uses the host IP for the XML. The 870 being able to display the video when it calls proves that the sheeva can handle the process, it is the same thing. I believe this is a software mistake, not a hardware limitation.

I may be incorrect in this, but it only fetches the one xml, then opens a link to the jpeg, then refreshes every 300ms, not reopens the xml?

Why then when dialing from the 870 does it work completely? It creates the same xml file and does the same thing, only with out the loop back IP, it uses the host IP for the XML. The 870 being able to display the video when it calls proves that the sheeva can handle the process, it is the same thing. I believe this is a software mistake, not a hardware limitation.

Keep in mind every frame causes spaning a new thread, which is a heavy operation for an embedded system. Normally a client that does would get blacklisted very quickly. I am not sure if we explicitly disabled that for the SheevaPlug build.

I may be incorrect in this, but it only fetches the one xml, then opens a link to the jpeg, then refreshes every 300ms, not reopens the xml?

Unfortunately, that is not correct. We verified that multiple times with the phone team, for each frame it did have to load the XML text again. You can imagine that the PBX team jaws literally dropped down.