What is the setup when using Netborder Express for PSTN?

sgwestrip

Hi,

Recently purchased a Snom ONE Plus yellow and still have troubles getting it configured. The manual is inadequate if you not doing SIP configuration and/or you are outside North America (very US-centric manual).

We currently only have PSTN with 6 lines and I have been in touch with Sangoma and they have accessed our system to confirm that the gateway is configured and started correctly. They have also mentioned that they can see no outbound calls arriving to the gateway (we have no inbound calls right now as they are devirted to another service).

What should the truck configuration be?

In the Trunk Destination field, what does NBE represent? I am assuming Netborder Express but the manual gives no clue

Are the values that get auto-popluated in CO lines correct when I select NBE? I cannot change these (it always reverts back)

Is the Proxy Address value of localhost:5066 correct? The Netborder Express gateway seems to be running on this port.

And more generally, what other fields should I be filling in with this set-up?

Many thanks for any help with this,

Stephen Westrip

Hi,

Recently purchased a Snom ONE Plus yellow and still have troubles getting it configured. The manual is inadequate if you not doing SIP configuration and/or you are outside North America (very US-centric manual).

We currently only have PSTN with 6 lines and I have been in touch with Sangoma and they have accessed our system to confirm that the gateway is configured and started correctly. They have also mentioned that they can see no outbound calls arriving to the gateway (we have no inbound calls right now as they are devirted to another service).

What should the truck configuration be?

In the Trunk Destination field, what does NBE represent? I am assuming Netborder Express but the manual gives no clue

Are the values that get auto-popluated in CO lines correct when I select NBE? I cannot change these (it always reverts back)

Is the Proxy Address value of localhost:5066 correct? The Netborder Express gateway seems to be running on this port.

And more generally, what other fields should I be filling in with this set-up?

Many thanks for any help with this,

Stephen Westrip

We have set up a template for sangoma for easy configuration when using co lines. If you want something simple you can set the "Trunk Destination" to Generic Sip Server

The Proxy Address should be 127.0.0.1:5066 depending on what was set in the sangomas "quick setup" also make sure that Send call to extension is populated.

If you want to make outbound calls you will have to configure your dial plan.

http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Dial_Plan_Samples

Hi Stephen,

We have a few snomone+ FXOs working outside of the US with no problem, but agree that the manila could do a better job of giving examples.

As somebody who learns by looking, here is a snapshot of our sangoma trunk. Just make sure you replace your boxes IP. our is a 16fxo that is why we have all of this CO lines in there.

Hope this helps

Nathan

Hi Stephen,

We have a few snomone+ FXOs working outside of the US with no problem, but agree that the manila could do a better job of giving examples.

As somebody who learns by looking, here is a snapshot of our sangoma trunk. Just make sure you replace your boxes IP. our is a 16fxo that is why we have all of this CO lines in there.

Hope this helps

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your post but you forgot to include the snapshot!

Hi stephen,

As far as we understand, the CO lines is just more of "label" to be used by park & orbits and such things (I think). It is basically any string and we have as many as PSTN analog lines and you can call them whatever you what. Each one get associated to each of the analog lines somehow by the snomone. As for them doing something useful, I will defer to someone at snom to let us know. We just configure them always just in case :)

We do nothing about them in the NBE setup.

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for all your help. I am now able to make outgoing calls, with a bit of help from Sangoma support who are very good.

Do you know how to get the DDI(DID) number shown as the call number when making outgoing calls? Currently if I make an outgoing call the receiving party sees our generic phone number.

Again, many thanks,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Glad to hear it is working. And I agree, Sangoma support are awesome.

Our outbound caller id is setup in the domain setting tab at the "Default ANI:" field.

I believe you can also setup a different outbound caller ID in the ANI field for each extension (to match individual DIDs) but we have not tested this.

I also think whomever gives you the trunk service has a saying on how or what you can control on the outgoing. I know we have a customer on which I can put any number I want on the ANI and it will show up on the other side and another customer is limited to the real DID number of the service they are getting.

Hope this helps.

Nathan