System Status Page - Email status

jag

I see this in our System Status page:

Emails: Successful sent: 71 Unsuccessful attempts: 9 (Warning: Last email could not be sent!)

Any chance how we can find out which email it is or more information about the failed email.

I looked in the Spool Directory under the main PBX directory and this is empty.

Thanks

It can happen that in the first attempt the email did not go out. Then the PBX would increase the number of unsuccessful attempts. That same email might go out later in a successful attempt, incrementing that counter.

The message Last email could not be sent simply says that you need to investigate what is going on. I would recommend to turn only email logging on and see what the PBX has to say in the log.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like to request the ability to receive an email notification if a email doesn’t go thru because that email address doesn’t exist etc

I go into the spool when I get into the office in the morning and the folder doesn’t contain the email that was unsuccessful, it’s a problem since I can’t drill down the issue

I would like to request the ability to receive an email notification if a email doesn't go thru because that email address doesn't exist etc

I go into the spool when I get into the office in the morning and the folder doesn't contain the email that was unsuccessful, it's a problem since I can't drill down the issue

Hehe. We need to be careful that we don't fail on the secondary email as well! Otherwise we might end up in a loop. An email notification about the failure of an email notification about the failure of an email notification about the failure of an email notification about the failure of an email notification about the failure of an email notification about the failure of an email notification about the failure of an email notification about the failure of an email notification and so on!

so only if it’s a failure except for the "email event notification address"

or if not an email. maybe a clue of what email address was causing the issue, and what email was being sent

erasing the email is fine so the PBX doesn’t keep trying all day to send 20 emails that have issues, but if I don’t know what email address is causing it, I will never figure out how to correct the problem