Linksys PAP2T configuration

sudo

Well, for snom ONE the automatic provisining of PAP2 was removed (for pbxnsip versions, it is still there). You have to create those files on your own, see the documentation of the PAP2T. You can put them into the tftp directory in the working directory of the PBX, so that at least you dont have to set up a TFTP.

Few things:

1. Check and make sure your router (if you are behind one) is allowing traffic on port 5060.

2. Are you registering to an IP address or FQDN? If FQDN make sure that the name is resolving.

3. We have been using PAP2T for years as an ATA of choice. Unfortunately lately after several months of being in operations these units are producing terrible results. Our customers start complaining about quality of calls. They require constant rebooting and are simply becoming unusable. We tried to go to SPA 122 and 112 but that appears to be even worse, not recommended.

Good luck,

Router is allowing SIP traffic. FQDN is resolving. I have the pbxnsip licensing so PnP of non-snom devices is supported.

I believe that I have compiled the cisco config file properly and have placed it in the /usr/local/snomone/tftp directory.

A pcap shows a register attempt met with a 404 not found, then tftp initiates looking for the file denoted in the pap2t WebUI> Registration Teb>Profile rule (snomonebox.com/provisioning/pap2t.cfg) These tftp requests are mre with no response from the server.

A few questions.

-I want this to register via http, not tftp - how do I go about this. I read something about creating a /html directory and placing the config files in there(?).

-Why can't I just put the sip username and password into the pap2t and have it register?

-In the provisioning url: snomonebox.com/provisioning/configfile.cfg - where is the /provisioning parameter looking for the file? The tftp directory? I know on the snomone gui under PnP there are some provisioning links, and there is a Cisco section but nothing for a pap2t. Only "Firmware 7961" and "Firmware 7960". If I need to make the change here, what is the syntax to point to the /tftp directory.

I have not had much issue with other sip devices connecting, but I've tried connecting a Linksys pap2t and a Linksys spa942 with no success. Ive connected the same devices to an asterisk box with no issue - just added the sip un and passwd.

Thanks again

-I want this to register via http, not tftp - how do I go about this. I read something about creating a /html directory and placing the config files in there(?).

The PAP2T would have to access something like http://pbx/prov/pap.cfg (notice the prov in the path, which can also be provisioning). This is neccessary to tell the web server that this is a provisioning file. If you can do that, then you can also use the internal web server of the PBX and access the files in the tftp directory (prov in the URL uses the tftp directory).

-Why can't I just put the sip username and password into the pap2t and have it register?

Simple question, complex answer. You need to tweak the configuration options so that things work the way they should. For example, the default "dial plan" on the PAP2 has star codes that interfere with the codes from the PBX. If you dont change them, your users cannot use features like DND or call transfer.

-In the provisioning url: snomonebox.com/provisioning/configfile.cfg - where is the /provisioning parameter looking for the file? The tftp directory? I know on the snomone gui under PnP there are some provisioning links, and there is a Cisco section but nothing for a pap2t. Only "Firmware 7961" and "Firmware 7960". If I need to make the change here, what is the syntax to point to the /tftp directory.

Right, provisioning points to the tftp directory. You can try this from a web browser, that is easier than trying it out from the device itself.