SnomONE Web service is seriously broken

shapa

I've tried to contact support team without any result - virtually all emails are simply ignored.

Will try the support forum.

We've got some very serious issues with web services

1) Very frequently users (including admin) are not able to log-in. Snom trying to re-use some non-existing session (last time user logged a day ago for example).

"[5] 20130628091529: Restoring existing session 8xl7xphp99ek4g62tb0o

[5] 20130628091529: Session could not be restored"
And user is returned back (without any errors, silently) to the login screen.
The only way to restore access is complete browser cache-reset.
The same issue for Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE.
2) Passwords could not be changed at user GUI, once again - no any errors, but passwords are simply not changing at all.
Both issues are very serious.

"[5] 2013/06/28 10:55:17: Session could not be restored[5] 2013/06/28 10:55:18: Restoring existing session 8xl7xphp99ek4g62tb0o[5] 2013/06/28 10:55:18: Session could not be restored[5] 2013/06/28 10:55:18: Restoring existing session 8xl7xphp99ek4g62tb0o[5] 2013/06/28 10:55:18: Session could not be restored[5] 2013/06/28 10:55:19: Restoring existing session 8xl7xphp99ek4g62tb0o[5] 2013/06/28 10:55:19: Session could not be restored"

A lot of issues.

Probably, the session number is stored in a cookie, but the PBX behaviour is absolutely incorrect (no session -> new session to create but not to refuse to login)

Does the PBX get all sockets that it needs? We also had problems when the PBX was constantly trying to get port 80 on IPv4 and IPv6. We have changed the algorithm for allocating the ports that makes it a lot more probably that the PBX actually gets the ports and keeps them. Apart from that, your session duration might be too short.

Hi

I'm really happy that the support forum works, hopefully we will get the fix soon :)

The version is 5.10a and latest beta 5.10i (tried today), the behaviour is exactly the same. I tried to delete all configuration and made full reinstall - the result is the same.

Session time is default one - 3600s

What is more interesting, in case of something goes wrong - login web page is not loading properly / completely and the only way to restore - complete browser cache clear (it doesn't help with Firefox and I'm forced to delete Firefox data manually), however it works with Safari, Chrome and IE10

This is how it looks like (all browsers) - images are not loaded, broken CSS probably.

http://gyazo.com/2d3585e5df095a0645828c77c23d2a00

Errors are exactly the same.

BTW, we switched off an IPv6 stack... Is it possible it could be the reason?

Yes, cookie deleting helps (at least with safari).

Login page loading correctly, I'm able to log-in.

Anyway, it is really hard to advise our users not to use "remember..."... Is it possible to fix the issue? May be not to store session information in a cookie? Or re-generate it in case the session is not exists anymore?