3cx

SGJ Solutions

Which kicks this crap pbx into touch.

If I see another customer and they mention this great free (in theory) pbx I will scream.

I don't have the time of inclination to even put it on any of my servers.

So has any one got a nice 10 point list of why PBXNSIP is better than this so called pbx (doesn't even have a conference server)

cheers

Still here selling pbxnsip as fast as I can :)

Guest Paul McCabe

Here is a 10 point (plus one) list for you:

• 3CX does not support security (TLS, SRTP)

• 3CX does not support multiple homed servers

• 3CX does not support IPv6

• 3CX does not support Linux

• 3CX does not support SOAP

• 3CX does support all of Microsoft’s Unified Messaging technologies (Exchange UM, Outlook, OCS, MSS)

• 3CX does not support Call Center features like Call Recording, Barge In, Listen In, etc.

• 3CX does not support manual Service Flags to toggle day/night service

• 3CX does not support Paging

• 3CX does not support Conference 'rooms' with ad-hoc, scheduled, and pin based conference capabilities

• 3CX is not designed for hosted multi-tenant PBX virtualization

And for 3CX resellers, you are competing with their ‘free’ PBX, which has zero margins…

3CX does support Exchange UM (enterprise edition)

Here is what i have found. Free version doesnt have MWI its quite crippled so they have to buy SMB version, which is still a good price. It is constantly having issues. feature set is growing but very limited still. As a VAR i play with all SIP pbx's. I am even beta testing the new grandstream right now. I started selling 3CX and stopped after the 3rd one. I will sell the software however i am not going to install it anymore. I cant charge $600 for installation and spent weeks troubleshooting it. My 2 cents is for the $400 you are going to spend on the SMB edition why not pay $200 more and get a lot more features. I think the self provisioning of phones is worth the extra $200 alone! 3CX intent isnt a give away pbx's its to up sell. I think 3CX has an attraction for the startup who wants a easy cheap pbx system and the alternative is a $10k panasonic. So just show them for a couple hundred more how you can triple the feature set and offer them a much more stable platform. one thing 3CX has going for them is the Operator console.

Fonality... I have sold ~50 fonality systems and i regret it. Its no more stable than raw asterisk. Bottom line for me is once you buy Fonality you MUST pay their extortion maintenance forever. I have had customers drop off maintenance and the Fonality systems start crashing and going crazy. I had 2 systems go off maintenance and they crashed. called me and i found this file called /etc/asterisk/NOASTWATCH. guess what that file disables the AGI script and renders their pbx dead. I deleted it and it started working. why was that file there? on 2 different systems off maintenance? If i was not there they would have been forced to pay fonality maintenance renewal to get their pbx working. Fonality is a horrible company. However they are PR gods.

Thats my experience with these products. I personally believe pbxnsip is awesome.

Oh that's great many thanks for the list.

In fact the list just shows the difference I need.

To every one else on this forum, I agree that I can't spend weeks de-bugging and install.

PBXNSIP on a linux platform takes less then 2 hours including install of SUSE.

Then setup DNS and walk away in the knowlage that the thing stays up.

Every pbxnsip I have installed has been very stable, even in the old version 1.5 days!

thanks chaps

Here is a 10 point (plus one) list for you:

• 3CX does not support security (TLS, SRTP)

• 3CX does not support multiple homed servers

• 3CX does not support IPv6

• 3CX does not support Linux

• 3CX does not support SOAP

• 3CX does support all of Microsoft’s Unified Messaging technologies (Exchange UM, Outlook, OCS, MSS)

• 3CX does not support Call Center features like Call Recording, Barge In, Listen In, etc.

• 3CX does not support manual Service Flags to toggle day/night service

• 3CX does not support Paging

• 3CX does not support Conference 'rooms' with ad-hoc, scheduled, and pin based conference capabilities

• 3CX is not designed for hosted multi-tenant PBX virtualization

And for 3CX resellers, you are competing with their ‘free’ PBX, which has zero margins…

• 1 month later...

Selling Professionals.

If you are out their selling products you are going to be forced to compare apples and oranges. Instead, our clients have never seen the name PBXnSIP unless they actually pay attention when we are training them on the WEB login page for their extension.

In the last 25 years of IT sales/support, whenever the client controls the debate of 1 vs. 2, I choose to walk away from the opportunity. Unless the customer is openly willing to place value on a solution to a business problem, then we really have nothing to offer. Getting a client to bleed with pain about their troubles, is the only way to become the Doctor that puts them whole again. Stop selling products and start selling solutions. If you can charge a fair and going rate to support a free product for a client, and it's meets their needs and you sleep at night - Go for it. There's nothing wrong with making a profit. However, after funding 1.5 years worth of Asterisk development and a large install that consumed 300+ hours over the first year, I choose to move all PBX sales to PBXnSIP. Our Asterisk developer was tightly involved and did some great open source work on my dime. The client never new it was Asterisk, and when we switched to PBXnSIP they never missed a beat and our support hours dramatically fell.

• 9 months later...
Selling Professionals.

If you are out their selling products you are going to be forced to compare apples and oranges. Instead, our clients have never seen the name PBXnSIP unless they actually pay attention when we are training them on the WEB login page for their extension.

In the last 25 years of IT sales/support, whenever the client controls the debate of 1 vs. 2, I choose to walk away from the opportunity. Unless the customer is openly willing to place value on a solution to a business problem, then we really have nothing to offer. Getting a client to bleed with pain about their troubles, is the only way to become the Doctor that puts them whole again. Stop selling products and start selling solutions. If you can charge a fair and going rate to support a free product for a client, and it's meets their needs and you sleep at night - Go for it. There's nothing wrong with making a profit. However, after funding 1.5 years worth of Asterisk development and a large install that consumed 300+ hours over the first year, I choose to move all PBX sales to PBXnSIP. Our Asterisk developer was tightly involved and did some great open source work on my dime. The client never new it was Asterisk, and when we switched to PBXnSIP they never missed a beat and our support hours dramatically fell.

Very interesting comments. Thanks.

matt

Selling Professionals.

Same here. We have switched small and large call centers off Asterisk and their service work bill dropped. I think alone you can show and easy ROI on just service labor.

Same here. We have switched small and large call centers off Asterisk and their service work bill dropped. I think alone you can show and easy ROI on just service labor.

WOW - Finding some really old posts to comment on heh? We've adding a few more SwitchVox shutdowns to the mix as we continue to focus on solutions. Our small 6 extension CS410 solution installs for about $6,200 and requires a additional a $1,200 first year warranty, 24x7 remote monitoring - 5 x 8 business hour alert program. First year margin is roughtly 70%.

Yes, there are many PBX firms that will beat that price everyday. We don't sell price.

WOW - Finding some really old posts to comment on heh? We've adding a few more SwitchVox shutdowns to the mix as we continue to focus on solutions. Our small 6 extension CS410 solution installs for about $6,200 and requires a additional a $1,200 first year warranty, 24x7 remote monitoring - 5 x 8 business hour alert program. First year margin is roughtly 70%.

Yes, there are many PBX firms that will beat that price everyday. We don't sell price.

who do you most often have to quote against?

just curious.

matt

comdial, avaya, are the traditionals we see.

What are their hardest to overcome selling points?

We are a datacom company moving into telecom so I'm trying to get the background stuff.

I think we understand the SMB (small medium biz) requirements in most ways and see pbxnsip as filling the "keysystem" issues pretty well.

tx

matt

What are their hardest to overcome selling points?

The hardest thing to do is the remember that people buy from people they trust regardless of the technology. I can think of 1 instance

during the last 5 plus years where we were forced to compare features. I hate that, not because we don't have the features, but becasue we fell victim to letting the client control the process. YUCK. Most of our installation, the client has no clue of what they bought, they think the have a Snom phone system..... as that's the only handsets we support.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

******• 3CX does not support security (TLS, SRTP)******

Yes it does.

******• 3CX does not support multiple homed servers*******

Yes it does.

******• 3CX does not support IPv6*******

And that's a plus... how? IPv6 is as needed as a car lighter in a non smokers car.

******• 3CX does not support Linux*******

Sorry, we want to keep stuff easy for the user. Not complicate them by sending them off to modify complicated config files in unknown linux folders.

*****3CX does not support SOAP******

Yes it does.

*******• 3CX does support all of Microsoft’s Unified Messaging technologies (Exchange UM, Outlook, OCS, MSS)******

It does support Exchange and outlook.

*******• 3CX does not support Call Center features like Call Recording, Barge In, Listen In, etc.*******

Yes it does...

*******• 3CX does not support manual Service Flags to toggle day/night service*******

It's already implemented in the internal V9 which will be released in aproximately a month's time.

*******• 3CX does not support Paging******

Paging has been supported since the earliest releases of the PBX

******• 3CX does not support Conference 'rooms' with ad-hoc, scheduled, and pin based conference capabilities******

3CX in fact does support conference rooms. The Pin functionality is included in Version 9.

*****• 3CX is not designed for hosted multi-tenant PBX virtualization******

That's one we are working on for V9.1 or V10

*****And for 3CX resellers, you are competing with their ‘free’ PBX, which has zero margin*****

3CX is called "Free" simply because more than half of the features are available in the free version. You can even use it without buying a license.

And if you do want a license, you can use a 2 Simulataneous call license which is available for free if you register with correct credentials on the 3CX website.

- The purpose of a Windows based PBX is to make thing simple for the user. Not overcomplicate everything.

Now if you are a Linux Guru. Your best solution is Asterisk, no doubt.