Auto Provisioning

djanjic

We are trying to auto provision several Snom phones for a new customer and are running in to a strange problem. When we reach the point to open the PBX for MAC provisioning and clicking open for next 10 minutes, that command is not executed. We tried different PC-s with IE, Chrome, Firefox etc. From each PC or a browser the same result, we don't see that clock ticking back. This used to work about month ago. Does anyone have the same experience or a workaround?

The clock is not ticking back in the browser. You will have to reload the page to see it going down.

It it gets stuck in 5 minutes there might be a more serious problem: The phone keeps on requesting configuration data in an endless loop.

I tried every browser under the sun, refreshing each one and nothing. I even tried Mac PC. Looked at the firewall and even created an exception for TFTP port and still nothing. Is there a way to control this process from the machine itself?

You don't have to try all browsers. With Chrome it should be working. Also, right now we don't use any "fancy" mechanisms like AJAX or REST there, just a plain HTTP POST. This part should be really working fine, especially if you see the pop-up with the warning that this would open the selected extensions for provisioning. Just for clarifications: You did select the extension that would want to provision?

You should see the P10:00 (or a different time) in the extensions view. This information is not visible in the "all" view where all accounts are shown. It must be something simple that we are missing mere...

You don't have to try all browsers. With Chrome it should be working. Also, right now we don't use any "fancy" mechanisms like AJAX or REST there, just a plain HTTP POST. This part should be really working fine, especially if you see the pop-up with the warning that this would open the selected extensions for provisioning. Just for clarifications: You did select the extension that would want to provision?

You should see the P10:00 (or a different time) in the extensions view. This information is not visible in the "all" view where all accounts are shown. It must be something simple that we are missing mere...

Yes, everything up to the point when it starts counting down is working as described and as before. As I said, this worked about month or so ago. It is when I select particular extension and when I click OK for the extension to be open. It is also evident on the phone because when I tell the phone when to look for provisioning, phone reboots but it never goes through the whole process.(updating firmware etc.)