After update the phone doesn't plays ringtone

Stefano Trentini

after the upgrade to version 5.1.3 no phone in my system plays the ringtone. I have currently set the melody directly from the web page of the phones, customizing all of them, in the pbx i have set "not specificaty melody" for all account. This configuration doesn't work fine because the phone receives the call but rmaines mute. How can i fix this situation? If i set a specific ringtone in the pbx for each account it works, but i have to select once of the standard melody. Before this update it works all fine with my configuration.

Thanks to all!

Well, the latest snom firmware has a lot of improvements. But it seems that the incoming call indication has some glitches (see http://wiki.snom.com/Firmware/V8/Release_Notes/8.7.3.25/Known_Issues). We have not seen this issue during our tests, but have heard from other sources that this problem exists. As for now, our recommendation is to factory reset the phone, provision the phone and don't make any changes in the alert tone area. I assume that snom will come up with a new firmware version soon as this is an important feature of the phone that it rings when a call comes in.

thanks for the quick response, but i have the 8.7.3.19 version running on all my phones.

This issure is not present on the 5.1.2 with my configuration, i think it is a pbx problems, not a phone issure... I' m wrong? Because if a select in the account page a specific melody the phone ring fine.

Yes i'm sure, on all my phone is running 8.7.3.19 version i forced this version by changing the snom-3xx-fs.xml file. And no, this issure isn't present in the firmware i'm using, because before upgrade pbx all works fine. Now I was forced to go back to the old version 5.1.2, and everything is ok. This issure is sure a pbx problem or a compability problem with snom firmware...

Hmm. Why don't you update the phones to 8.7.3.25? 8.7.3.19 had a lot of bugs.

From our research so far we could not find any reason why the phones most of the times ring and sometimes don't. If you can reproduce that problem, it would be great to find out what is different in your environment. Then snom can easily fix the problem and release a new firmware where that bug has been resolved.

When you are using 5.1.3, please use the PCAP feature to get us a trace for the extension. Maybe we are able to see anything unusual.

Hi everyone, thanks fore the support first of all!

I don't upgrade the phones to 8.7.3.25 because the ringtone issure is know!

In my enviroment with pbx 5.1.3 and the ringtone option set "no specific melody" with phones running 8.7.3.19 every phone always doesn't ring, 100% of the incomming call is silent.

And yes, i'm reciving call from a hunt gropu, but if i make a direct call the ring is mute too, i try it.

Now i'm ouf of office, but as soon is it possible i'll upgrade the pbx again and i'll send you the PCAP tracing.

I have to upgrade the phone to 8.7.3.25 absolutely?

• 3 weeks later...