Changing the HOLD button to Park Orbit

chrispopp

Did you try the web interface of the phone? There you can define what a key does. I cant take a look at this from here right now, but I remember that practically any key can be mapped to a specific function. E.g. you could map it to a speed dial.

From the PBX point of view, apart from provisioning the phone, there is nothing we can do about how the phone treats key presses. This is handled locally on the phone. A hold in SIP is something fundamentally different than a park.

Did you try the web interface of the phone? There you can define what a key does. I cant take a look at this from here right now, but I remember that practically any key can be mapped to a specific function. E.g. you could map it to a speed dial.

From the PBX point of view, apart from provisioning the phone, there is nothing we can do about how the phone treats key presses. This is handled locally on the phone. A hold in SIP is something fundamentally different than a park.

I was hoping to be able to re-map it, basically using the snom_3xx_phone.xml file to push the button key. Would this work?

I was hoping to be able to re-map it, basically using the snom_3xx_phone.xml file to push the button key. Would this work?

That would mean that you can ave only one call. A blind transfer to the park star code would be better.

But did you think about using shared lines? I guess that is essentially what we are talking about. Technically, you will hold the call, but it can be picked up from another phone.

That would mean that you can ave only one call. A blind transfer to the park star code would be better.

But did you think about using shared lines? I guess that is essentially what we are talking about. Technically, you will hold the call, but it can be picked up from another phone.

Hi, they have too many lines.

They simply want to press the hold button to park a call. Is there a way to map that button to dial *85? We've been going back and forth in regards to other options, I really want to make the hold button *85. Is there a way to do this (yes-how?/no)? If yes please enlighten me, if not, I would need to manually program each button, which I rather not do.

I would say that speed dial (which it boils down to) is a lot easier than the button programming. You should first manually set a phone up and make sure that it works, then you can go to the settings page and see the related settings and copy that over into the provisioning template in the PBX. Then all of your phones will get it with the next provisioning cycle.