Can only access Conference from ext.

bbradley

Why is it that I can not access a conference room from the auto attendant?

If I call from my mobile phone, or if I dial extension 70 (our auto attendant) and then dial 800 (our conference room) it returns "This extension does not exist".

If I dial 800 from my soft phone, it dials into the conference number as expected.

Why is it that I can not access a conference room from the auto attendant?

If I call from my mobile phone, or if I dial extension 70 (our auto attendant) and then dial 800 (our conference room) it returns "This extension does not exist".

If I dial 800 from my soft phone, it dials into the conference number as expected.

I believe this would be related to sending a call directly to voicemail from the Auto Attendant... 8 is the default.. So most likely it's trying to send a call to Extension 00's voicemail.

I believe this would be related to sending a call directly to voicemail from the Auto Attendant... 8 is the default.. So most likely it's trying to send a call to Extension 00's voicemail.

I changed the conference room to extension 900, and that certainly fixed it. Is there a way to override the 8 or disable it?

I changed the conference room to extension 900, and that certainly fixed it. Is there a way to override the 8 or disable it?

You can remove it from the domain settings, but then you loose the ability to call someone's mailbox directly.

Better arrange the extensions so that you stay in the range 4xx..6xx. Then you can use 7xx for stuff like conference server, and you don't conflict with direct destinations in the auto attendant in the range 0..3.