Known Issues with 2.1.6.2450

ap_6200

I do not have logs to back me up; but I upgraded from 2.1.5.x to 2.1.6.2450 on Wednesday and today I had an occurence I haven't seen in the year I've been using PBXnSIP

A caller on extension 260 called an external number... and when she got done - her voicemail indicator light came on.

When she checked it, it was the external numbers voice only in a recorded session. What was strangest about this - It wasn't the Registered User's voice at all, but you can hear apparent breaks in the conversation, as if the Registered User was talking

Things I've checked:

Call Log:

2008/04/04 10:09:33 Registered User (260) 5554441111 01:36

2008/04/04 10:08:54 5554441111@x.x.x.x Registered User (260) - 260 02:17 M

I confirmed with the user that they didn't receive a call from the user at the time specified above - this was conceivably the same call, but it showed up as 2 separate entries.

Record Capabilities:

Default is OFF on the domain

All settings on the Registered User are "DEFAULT"

I have no idea how to reproduce this - as it's obviously not every phone call that is placed...

Anyone have any experience with this in testing the new version?

Usually these strange effects happen when that user 260 should be called (for whatever strage reason) and either that extension is not registered any more or the number of available lines to that extension is exhausted. That strange reason could be a re-INVITE with a changed from/to-tag, so that is technically is another dialog and treated as such by the PBX.

Usually these strange effects happen when that user 260 should be called (for whatever strage reason) and either that extension is not registered any more or the number of available lines to that extension is exhausted. That strange reason could be a re-INVITE with a changed from/to-tag, so that is technically is another dialog and treated as such by the PBX.

I'm not as concerned with the 2nd entry into the CDR as I am - how and why a voice recording of the far end caller showed up in her email as a voice message?

I think we could reproduce it already - it was the status page.

You are correct - it's the status page as a user.

Is this detrimental at all? I've had 2 servers out of 6 on 2.1.6.2450 that i've upgrade restart the services for no apparent reason. I'm very concerned.

• 3 weeks later...
You are correct - it's the status page as a user.

Is this detrimental at all? I've had 2 servers out of 6 on 2.1.6.2450 that i've upgrade restart the services for no apparent reason. I'm very concerned.

Could I get an answer to this please.

So if there are leftovers from previous versions, how can I be sure, as administrator of the server, to have a "good" upgrade? Usually I will install over a previous version so as not to lose any of our users settings, etc.

Thank you in advance!

So if there are leftovers from previous versions, how can I be sure, as administrator of the server, to have a "good" upgrade? Usually I will install over a previous version so as not to lose any of our users settings, etc.

We try to make only bugfixes in the 2.1 branch. New features (even if some people don't like it) go to the head branch (we will probably call it 3.0 then).