Change SMTP adress

alexhoek1

If I check te logs I see this error message:

2008/04/28 10:31:02: SMTP: Cannot resolve sbsserver.saueraa.nl

I have changed under "settings -> loggin" the smtp server to the correct adress and under

Domains -> settings also

But i still see sbsserver.saueraa.nl as the smtp server and not smtp.solcon.nl.

I restared the service but no diverance.

6] 2008/04/28 10:48:48: Sending CDR email to <administrator@saueraa.nl>

[3] 2008/04/28 10:48:48: SMTP: Cannot resolve sbsserver.saueraa.nl

What am i doing wrong?

Greetings,

Alexander.

Well, there are two things.

First, there are two places for settings the SMTP server. One is on admin level, and there is another one on domain level.

The other thing is that once that emails are being put into the spool directory, the email server is fixed. That means, you might have to manually delete the emails from the spool directory to get them out of the system.

Well, there are two things.

First, there are two places for settings the SMTP server. One is on admin level, and there is another one on domain level.

The other thing is that once that emails are being put into the spool directory, the email server is fixed. That means, you might have to manually delete the emails from the spool directory to get them out of the system.

Off topic slightly - How often are the Admin status reports (the graph) - scheduled to send out? I seem to get them every other day or every 3rd day.

Off topic slightly - How often are the Admin status reports (the graph) - scheduled to send out? I seem to get them every other day or every 3rd day.

You really should get them every day. We do get them every day (and it has become a valuable morning lecture for me). In the beginning they were often classified as SPAM, but once that we told the email system it is not SPAM it works quiet stable.