Park Orbit on hosted system

djanjic

We are working with a potential customer trying to demo some of the features available. They are in need of park orbit feature due the way are doing their business now. I have tried to set up what they wanted on our HOSTED VERSION (Win32). We are using variety of phones Snom 370, 320 some with 8.4.32 and some with 7.3.30 and I simply cannot make it work. Buttons assigned to the function will blink but as soon as someone tries to press that button to retrieve the call it will loose the connection. Our PBX version is 4.3.0.5021. Has someone done this successfully?

Before you can assigned a button configuration to the phone you have to PNP the phone 1st.

You can check the link below for some information on how to do that. Today park orbits are accounts, you will have to create a button configuration in Domains->settings->Buttons usually we have a template you can use, Choose Park Orbit as a type and the park orbit account on the parameter. Once you have finish creating your buttons you will have to assigned them on the extension level. I would create these things 1st and then plug and play the phone afterwards.

http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Before_Doing_Plug_and_Play

http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Plug_and_Play

Before you can assigned a button configuration to the phone you have to PNP the phone 1st.

You can check the link below for some information on how to do that. Today park orbits are accounts, you will have to create a button configuration in Domains->settings->Buttons usually we have a template you can use, Choose Park Orbit as a type and the park orbit account on the parameter. Once you have finish creating your buttons you will have to assigned them on the extension level. I would create these things 1st and then plug and play the phone afterwards.

http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Before_Doing_Plug_and_Play

http://wiki.snomone.com/index.php?title=Plug_and_Play

OK I tried doing this following the directions you provided. I created button profile and assigned it to button 12. Then I tried to assign that button profile to several phones/extensions. Either I am doing something wrong or the phones will not receive the PNP information. When the call comes in and I put the caller on hold and press button 12 nothing happens? Part of the problem is that I will still have is that I have to introduce paging in this equation since they will need to page various people with an overhead paging system... Should I be even trying this in hosted environment?

Dusan

Can you verify if the phone actually pnp? you can check on the phones GUI --> Function keys usually you will see a button configuration already populated check the below jpg. You can also check if the pbx created a generated folder that we create when the phones PNP to the system you can find this folder in Windows, Program Files/snom/snomONE/generated or in Linux usr/local/snom/snomONE/generated

buttons.JPG

No the phones do not PNP. I've tried both methods, PNP and assigning the buttons on the phone. Either one doesn't work. I will do one more experiment I will put the phones on the public network on which our server is on to see if they PNP or are able to park call to the orbit account...

Also I checked on the system and the folder is not there. One more thing the similar problem has been discussed on this forum under the topic 4.2 bug. I posted there as well.

I have a question about all this, why doesn't this work if I set up phones manually? Are you saying that if we want to use these features on the phones we have to PNP every installation? This doesn't make sense. Also can you direct me to where I can open a ticket on this issue?

The software was created for both products to work seamlessly together, once you understand how PNP works on the phone you will realize how easy it's to set up an installation, Lets say you have an installation of 50 phones on the network, are you going to program every phone, every button? The point is that admin will have total control of his installation and phones.

Click on this URL "Quick video" on PNP

PNP Overview

You are more welcome to open a ticket with us by all means.

https://support.snom.com/ You will have to register with us to open the ticket.

The software was created for both products to work seamlessly together, once you understand how PNP works on the phone you will realize how easy it's to set up an installation, Lets say you have an installation of 50 phones on the network, are you going to program every phone, every button? The point is that admin will have total control of his installation and phones.

PNP Overview

Hi,

I was able to make it work following these directions posted previously:

Steps:

1. Create a park orbit account (this is the new account type), say 555

2. Domain->Settings->Star codes page - set both park and retrieve as the same star code, say *85

3. Create a button profile with "Name=7, Type=Park orbit, Parameter=555"

4. Assign this button profile to the snom phone/extension of your choice, say 200.

5. Log in to phone and see if the "Function Keys" page show this button set

6. Place a call to this extension 200

7. Answer the call

8. Put the call on hold and Press the park button 7.

9. You will hear the message that the call is parked on orbit 555

10. Caller will be hearing the music on hold

11. Press the retrieve button (same button 7)

12. You should be connected back to the call.

This has worked with one exception, light will not blink on the button programed (7) for that function. Is that supposed to be the case?

Well it worked for few hours and then it stopped. I tried opening a ticket but received a message that the topic is to new and that I should wait for two days. Can you or someone who can make a change so I can open this ticket. I have wasted a lot of time on this and need to find a resolution. Thanks.

PNP Overview

What about having a second call coming and need to be place on Hold? How to set up multiple Park/Retrive function for let's say the receptionist?

Well it worked for few hours and then it stopped. I tried opening a ticket but received a message that the topic is to new and that I should wait for two days. Can you or someone who can make a change so I can open this ticket. I have wasted a lot of time on this and need to find a resolution. Thanks.

The ticket system has changed some of its criteria a bit <_< , if you would like to resolve this send me a PM.

What about having a second call coming and need to be place on Hold? How to set up multiple Park/Retrive function for let's say the receptionist?

You will just have to create more park orbit accounts on the system and assigned the buttons to the receptionist. You have to make sure that the star codes are the same has step 2 mentions, one button can park a call and retrieve it as well.

Steps:

2. Domain->Settings->Star codes page - set both park and retrieve as the same star code, say *85

4. Assign this button profile to the snom phone/extension of your choice, say 200.

7. Answer the call

Hi,

I was able to make it work following these directions posted previously:

Steps:

7. Answer the call

This has worked with one exception, light will not blink on the button programed (7) for that function. Is that supposed to be the case?

Based on your setting your pnp will be "WAN" based and because you're a hosting solution there are certain criteria that have to be done on the phone in order to pnp to your server.

Make sure that all of the http, https ports are open on your router.

This article should help you get started.

WAN BASED PROVISIONING