Calls in queue won't do to voicemail if agent does not answer

BlueWolf

Hello every one.

Here is another PBXnSIP problem.

PBXnSIP support has never actually helped fix any problem so far, so im hoping that other unfortunate system users / builders can help.

System Config Details

Operating System. Redhat Enterprise Server REL 5.0

PBXnSIP version. 3.0

Scenario.

Incoming calls go to an Agent Group and into the queue.

Announcements and music on hold work OK

The queue passes callers through to the agent in the correct order OK.

Note: there is only (1) agent

Problem Description

If the "agent" is not attending the phone and the call is past to that extension the phone rings continiousley IE: non stop and

WILL NOT GO TO VOICEMAIL.

Things I have tried including:

1)

From the "Agent Group" Level.

A) If the caller already waited longer than (s) >>> set to 5 seconds

<_< Redirect to the destination >>> EG: 73

Result: agents phone keeps ringing. the call does not redirect.

Comment: Would not be a good fix any way as all calls in the queue would be redirected/

2)

From the Extension level in "Redirection"

A) Call foward on no answer to : EG 73

<_< Call foward no ansertime out: EG 5 seconds.

NOTES:

If a system extension calls that agent direct IE: not VIA the QUEUE, calls go to voicemail as normal.

After hours: All calls go directly to that same agents extension IE: not VIA the queue. Calls go to voicemail as normal.

Commment:

I have been in IT for 20 yaers and have never seen a product (Sold by a reputable wholesaler) with as may bugs and as little support for resellers as PBXnSIP.

It seems that this application has some powerfull features but it is extreamly weak when it comes to basic features, stability and functionality.

Hello every one.

PBXnSIP support has never actually helped fix any problem so far, so im hoping that other unfortunate system users / builders can help.

System Config Details

PBXnSIP version. 3.0

Scenario.

Problem Description

If the "agent" is not attending the phone and the call is past to that extension the phone rings continiousley IE: non stop and

1)

Comment: Would not be a good fix any way as all calls in the queue would be redirected/

2)

NOTES:

If a system extension calls that agent direct IE: not VIA the QUEUE, calls go to voicemail as normal.

After hours: All calls go directly to that same agents extension IE: not VIA the queue. Calls go to voicemail as normal.

Commment:

I have been in IT for 20 yaers and have never seen a product (Sold by a reputable wholesaler) with as may bugs and as little support for resellers as PBXnSIP.

It seems that this application has some powerfull features but it is extreamly weak when it comes to basic features, stability and functionality.

The agent group redirect(Field: If the caller already waited longer than (s)...) is applicable if all the agents in the queue are really busy. Ex: If the group

has 2 agents and both are on the call then, the for the 3rd call (new incoming call) this settings apply. That means, after the waiting interval, say 20 econds, the call will be redirected to the redirect destination.

Hello every one.

What kind of support are you referring to (http://wiki.pbxnsip.com/index.php/Trouble_Ticket_Processing)?

System Config Details

PBXnSIP version. 3.0

I assume this is 3.0.0.2998.

Scenario.

Problem Description

A agent group does not have a voicemail. If you want that the call goes to voicemail, you have to specify a timeout value and use as destination the voicemail of an extension. Usually, you can put a "8" in front of the extension number. For example:

After hearing ringback for (s) ...: 30

... redirect the call to the destination (e.g. "73"): 8123

That means that after 30 seconds of ringing an agent the call will be redirected to the mailbox of extension 123.

1)

This setting has nothing to do with a ringing agent. This timeout is for the waiting time in the queue (where a caller would hear music on hold). 5 seconds if extremly short, a typical value would five minutes (which is 5 * 60 = 300 seconds).

2)

Call forward on no answer is a setting that affects calls directly to the extension. If the call comes in through a agent group, that setting has no meaning (otherwise if every agent sents their own little call redirection the chaos would be complete).

NOTES:

Commment:

Adding features has always the danger of making things complicated, escpecially with a relatively complex thing as a waiting queue. On the one side we get the pressure to add features here and there, and on the other side we get complaints that the software is difficult to use. We try to take the advice from both sides and have more features, but at the same time still make it possible for an average person to use them. It is not always easy.

• 9 months later...
so is there a setting that if no agents are on the phone, and there is a caller in the que, after a number of time it should redirect to a diff number? if its possible, how?

Did you try "If the caller already waited longer than (s) ... redirect to the destination (e.g. "73") ..."?

• 2 months later...
yes, and it does nothing

Thanks for this topic! I have the same issue!

Here the feature works, it redirects te call to 8<extension>, the voicemail ;)

BUT: when the extension is busy the call goes to the waiting music, OK, but then it redirects to the voicemail TOO.

I want the PBX to follow the voicemail rules in the agent group, I don't care about which voicemail answers the first, the first that redirects, the first that answers.

How difficult is it to add this feature???:P

I'm really frustrated about some features PBX is just not including or things are not possible, I'm really thinking about switching to another PBX system which has got all the features needed and if it isn't available the user can just write a peace of script to add it.... how difficult???

Regards,

Leon

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for this topic! I have the same issue!

Here the feature works, it redirects te call to 8<extension>, the voicemail :(

BUT: when the extension is busy the call goes to the waiting music, OK, but then it redirects to the voicemail TOO.

I want the PBX to follow the voicemail rules in the agent group, I don't care about which voicemail answers the first, the first that redirects, the first that answers.

How difficult is it to add this feature???:P

I'm really frustrated about some features PBX is just not including or things are not possible, I'm really thinking about switching to another PBX system which has got all the features needed and if it isn't available the user can just write a peace of script to add it.... how difficult???

Regards,

Leon

Even when I configure my SNOM360 to redirect after 10 secs to 8<extensionnumber> doesn't redirect the call in the agent group :@ why, why, why...... Please include such a feature in v4.0 :)

• 3 weeks later...

When we need to divert a call?

Some businesses find that the human touch can improve contact, thus sales, but traditional wired answering services are expensive, so they have their calls forwarded to a call center, so the client can reach an operator instead of an answering machine or voice mail.

IP PBX

it seems what you need is a setting to tell the PBX that a QUEUE should redirect to voice mail (just as if you called the extension directly)?

How much better to actually have a Voice Mailbox for the QUEUE? and a setting if caller waited more than 3 minutes to go to the QUEUS's Mailbox?

it seems what you need is a setting to tell the PBX that a QUEUE should redirect to voice mail (just as if you called the extension directly)?

How much better to actually have a Voice Mailbox for the QUEUE? and a setting if caller waited more than 3 minutes to go to the QUEUS's Mailbox?

That could be handy but what I need is a voicemail for the caller who is at the top of the queue (waiting for the extension to be picked up) when the extension is rinning eg 15 seconds it must redirect to the voicemail.