Help Provisioning Grandstream 2170

ACTInc_Labs

Hello,

Just got Vodia iop and am working to set it up. Using the built in license. Created domain, extensions, and was able to bind the phone's mac to an extension.

I opened the account for MAC based provisioning, rebooted the phone, factory reset the phone, and it will not provision. No buttons light up and the phone says not  configured.

I also tried changing the provision url, because whenever I factory reset, it goes to a 3CX url. I can't remember if that's normal or if it's because it was used for 3cx

I updated the firmware on the phone to the latest Version 1.0.9.127

IOP is on Version: 61.1

I followed directions here:

https://doc.vodia.com/pnp_prerequisite_steps

https://doc.vodia.com/pnp_grandstream

2019-02-28 08_17_27-ACT_Inc Work Laptop - Absolute Care MSP - Connected.png

2019-02-28 08_20_58-ACT_Inc Work Laptop - Absolute Care MSP - Connected.png

If the phone is already provisioned e.g. through the cloud you cannot provision it from the PBX "zero touch". Otherwise the phone would have obviously a bigger security problem... Is there a way you can un-link it with the cloud first? Then you should be able to factory reset it and provision it through the PBX web interface. Also if you are not using the system yet, try upgrading to 62.1 which has the latest features.

4 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

If the phone is already provisioned e.g. through the cloud you cannot provision it from the PBX "zero touch". Otherwise the phone would have obviously a bigger security problem... Is there a way you can un-link it with the cloud first? Then you should be able to factory reset it and provision it through the PBX web interface. Also if you are not using the system yet, try upgrading to 62.1 which has the latest features.

Hi, yes. I figured out why the 3CX address was showing up

Once I removed it from the internet, i factory reset and had the appropriate Grandstream address in the Config Server Path

However, again, It's not responding to provision.

I did also upgrade to 62.1, rebooted, and verified in the status page

I put the extension in open it for MAC based provisions

Selected the phone from within the extension, saved, but it doesn't provison

The phone just sits there, not registered in Vodia, I've manually rebooted and nothing

Additionally, I hooked up a snom 320 and that provisioned immediately following the directions

I also tried a Cisco SPA508G, factory reset. upgraded to latest firmware, and that's not provisioning either

Same as the grandstream, just doesn't respond, even though I'm able to see it in the phone list

If the snom works fine that means that the LAN setup is not the problem.

Cisco SPA 508G is currently not on our list for LAN provisioning.

So if you see the Grandstream in the list that means is has discovered it - if it has the default username and password then the PBX would try to reach out to its webserver and set everything up for you. Grandstream has a large variety of devices and firmware versions; what could have happened is that something has changed in the web server.