Agent group logic changed

Scott1234

I know I have my other agent group topic; I am going to test that today at some point since going to the latest version, been super busy.

Something that has 100% changed with the latest version, but changed somewhere from 57.3.2 was the logic of the setting After hearing ringback for (s) not sure if it was intentional? 

Example, 

• Customer may have any number of logged in agents at any one time 
  • Customer has a number of extra agents as part of the, All agents for this ACD including the main agents, these extra agents typically never login.
  • Customers were using the 'After hearing ringback for (s)' to call the extra agents in, previously this setting would allow for all extra agents defined here to ring at the same time so the call got answered quickly, now it follows the logic set out in the Agent selection settings.

I thought the previous logic made sense as if I wanted the 'After hearing ringback for (s)' section to follow the agent selection logic I would have just programmed them in as logged in agents to follow the ring order, now if I want to add in a lot of agents in one go I have to divert off to another agent group that has them all logged in, this makes it more messy as before I could contain it all in one group.

Maybe an extra option is needed to control how that works now? or remove it from that logic.  

Thoughts? 

Hi,

We're not sure if we're entirely understanding this, but we think even now if you enter the agents from other ACDs in the 'After hearing ringback for (s)'  field, they would still ring in the order they have been entered right? Or was this not your problem? If not, Can you please explain more?

Sorry I thought my first post was clear, I all ways find it hard to convey stuff here :(

to be as simple as I can the previous versions did the following and had done so for years. 

Agent group,

'After hearing ringback for (s)' 
... include the following additional agents 

Previously this would ring all additional agents defined in this box at the same time so the call gets answered quickly.

But now it's been linked to follow the agent selection settings, meaning it might only be doing 1 agent every 5 seconds or what ever your settings are set to instead of blasting the whole group once the timer had got to that point.

9 hours ago, Scott1234 said:

Sorry I thought my first post was clear, I all ways find it hard to convey stuff here :(

Don't worry, you can always give us a call if it becomes tedious :)

Let us get back to you about this, if the logic can be now changed going further.

The "additional agents" are just put on the list as if they had logged in. The typical case is to include additional resources, e.g. managers or sales personell when agents are not picking up calls. The algorithm to choose the next agent is then done as if they had logged in. Ehen using the "longest idle first" that would usually be a manager, so it might make more sense to choose the random logic. 

It does not really help to get the waiting lines shorter. Maybe we should have another setting that says if there are more than so-and-so many callers waiting include the following agents.

I understand what you are saying, but what I am saying is this has changed in operation from previous versions. Which is effecting how my customer agent groups are working.

Can you confirm if it's changed ? like i said previously all additional agents would ring when this stage was hit and thats the function I need back. 

This will affect the ringing patterns for alot of our clients too. 

If the logic of this has changed, can we have another setting that functions as this one did previously please? Eg. Ring all extensions defined in this field simultaneously after (x) seconds. 

• 1 month later...

Hi team,

Just a quick follow up for clarification on this. 

If the fundamental functionality of this agent group setting has indeed been changed in v63, can we request an additional field so we can add numerous extensions simultaneously as per previous versions.

Many thanks