Vodia PBX forum
cwernstedt

Rewriting inbound caller IDs?

One of our SIP-trunk providers isn't particularly good about how they present the CIDs on inbound calls.

Is there a way to rewrite these according to some rules, for example replacing 001 with +1 , or adding a country code to local numbers.

Note for clarity: I'm talking about how numbers are presented in the From field in CDRs, logs, etc.

Hi, 

Well, it's the inbound (not dialed) that I'm looking to change. In other words, the number that is presented on calees' phones and in logs etc.

The trunk provider presents local numbers without the correct international prefix, which makes it difficult to process these calls correctly.  

Ok. Where do I configure these things in this version? Ideally I would like to prefix +423 to all numbers lacking a 00 prefix (local numbers) and replace 00 prefixes with + for international numbers.

So 2371336 would turn into +423 2371336 and 0013343456666 would turn into +1 3343456666 .

(Incoming calls only)