Voicemail request admin access from EXTERNAL PBX or PSTN

Musarano

Hi !

I would like to know, after searching for an answer or information in vodia docs.

The best possible way for my clients, that are behind a grandstream PBX that is also registered to a VODIA PBX as the SSW acting.

When people left voice msgs, how my customer or the person in charge have access to it? 

When dialing from:

1. A regular external telephone/cellphone?

2. From the grandstream PBX that is connected to the VODIA PBX Acting as SSW

Is there a special code or password or section i need to configure in vodia for each of the customer PBX

I been trying to figure it out, but still havent reach the way..  Any help, really greatly appreciated.

This is the scenario:

A. Voicemail is enabled to when the grandstream extension registered to the VodiaPBX is unreacheable because any means.

B. I Have uploaded a greeting wav file as greeting #5 and set:  "When caller reaches mailbox, play this greeting:  #5"

But the question remains, how my adming customers from these grandstream PBX's or 3CX or External Telephones (PSTN, cells, etc) would have accees to the voicemails?

Thank You very much in advanced

Happy New Year 2020

-M

Hi. and thanks for replaying.

Let my try again with the basics as i can describe: :)

GS stands for GrandStream

My customers are behind their GS PBXs with their extensions registered to.

Their GS PBXs are registered to a Vodia PBX different extension each of them.  So the Vodia PBX Extension for one of the registered GS PBX is acting as an Extension. (having in mind that it is a GS PBX registered as and extension, but with their extensions as well at the far end)

How can i dial or reach the Voicemail menu from outside the GS PBX Extensions?

(I just tried calling from GS PBX to the DID # and i get the voicemail instead of the IVR of the GS PBX, wich i think im getting closer, but how can i do the same calling the same, but using a regular Cellphone or PSTN line?)

Thank You

-M

Hope you getting me on this one now.  If not, i can try again.

15 hours ago, Musarano said:

I just tried calling from GS PBX to the DID # and i get the voicemail instead of the IVR of the GS PBX

Where is that DID assigned? GS PBX or V PBX? 

If you need the IVR to be hit, you have to send it to the IVR playing account on the V PBX.

Hi !

DID is set and route at vodia level (the acting softswitch for incoming and outgoind)

The called DID call gets routed accordingly to the GS PBX.

But Vodia is not setup to with any IVR for incoming calls, just only for when the final or far-end GS PBX is unreacheable, where i have set a generic msg greeting, to let know the external caller, of the unreachable number and the posibility of leaving a voice msg, instead of busy tones.

The far-end GSs PBX have the customized IVR and all the rest.  I have VODIA PBX as an simm Active SoftSwitch functionalities.

hope this helps.

Yes it is :)

only that im still havent figure it out how to, when calling from outside the Voip Network.

I have 2 questions:

1. Is it anyway to dial in the same DID # that reaches vodia without having to hit or the Voicemail system?

Not all customers have the voicemail activated, and some of then for any of their reasons, calls them selves from the inside network, but Vodia voicemail mgr seems to always get the call.  even if ther voicemail feature is disabled.

2. How can i enabled the voicemail feature, to be able to hear a custom greeting message, but without giving the leave a msg option to the caller?

Thank You

-M

2 hours ago, Musarano said:

Not all customers have the voicemail activated, and some of then for any of their reasons, calls them selves from the inside network, but Vodia voicemail mgr seems to always get the call.  even if ther voicemail feature is disabled

That is what should happen with V PBX if you are the user and you call your own number. What else should it hit according to you?

2 hours ago, Musarano said:

How can i enabled the voicemail feature, to be able to hear a custom greeting message, but without giving the leave a msg option to the caller?

You can just "redirect" the call to an IVR where it'll play any greeting that you want. Create multiple IVR accounts and upload audios to that for every extension if you want to accomplish this with V PBX.

For the answer #1:

The reason im asking, its just because, with GS PBX alone, the customers are able to call to any of their DIDs that are pointing to their GS PBX from within the same GS PBX and get or pass in as an any regular call that comes from the outside.  But, from internal extensions to reach the VM Mgr. they can just press the VMAIL or *97 or *98 or what ever feature code configuration is been set for it. 

So, i was hoping if there is something similar with V PBX, that in this case, is on-front of GS PBX, Like dialing a code and send a request to VODIA PBX to hit the VoiceMail MGR, but if this scenario is not possible, i understand and i will let them know, that it wont be possible and use your suggestion to redirect the call to an IVR instead of recording the msg

Thank you for your patience !

-M

Add-on

Im trying to find out how to workaround this up somehow.. based on:

Calling own extension number goes to mailbox: By default, the system will send a user to the voice mailbox if he dials his own extension. However, in some situations it is useful to have the system call the registered extension.

Just wondered if there were something written already concerning this kind of case scenario. I know that this is perhaps a 0.0000001% needed or required from clients or customers. :)

Thank you very much.

-M