Correct config IVR node for external server

almoondsllc

Hello,

I'm trying to setup an IVR node where the dtmf digits the user input are passed to the an external server. I'm actually using a simple "netcat -l -p 8080" to check if something arrives on the server but nothing...

It's not clear, at least for me, how to fill correctly  "DTMF Match List" "From/To-based routing match list", List of Actions" "Remote Application contro Yes/No" in IVR Node. Can you provide a simple example like the user call ivr node 4000, digit 9 numbers and these 9 digits are redirected via HTTP to external server on port 8080 ip 192.168.1.x

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,

Alessandro Marzini

12 minutes ago, Support said:

Have you gone through the doc we gave earlier? It has example about how you can setup the DTMF list in it.

Please check that and let us know.

Yes I did, I tried a lot of combination but I never received anything on the server side.

That's why I'm asking a very basic example of what to put in the DTMF List, what in "List of actions".

By the way, what the "Remote application control" is used for?

The "Mute when user presses a key" seems not working, I still hear the "beep" when I digit dtmf while I'm connected to the IVR.

I can received events like :

Method: POST
Headers: {'Remote-Addr': '192.168.178.122', 'Host': '192.168.178.123:8090', 'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'Content-Length': '99'}
Args (url path): ()
Keyword Args (url parameters): {}
Body: b'\\{"id":17,"from":\\"Alessandro Marzini\\" <sip:40@localhost>,"to":\\"IVR Zero\\" <sip:4000@localhost>\\}'

just because I setup correctly the Advanced->Action URL setting as in the pic attached.

Istantanea_2020-04-30_18-01-08.png

I did some progress...

If I put in DTMF List this ->   !1!-!

And in the List of Actions -> http://192.168.178.123:8181

Then on the server I receive this:

POST / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.178.123:8181
SOAPAction: IvrInput
Content-Type: text/xml
Content-Length: 408

<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:sns="http://soap.com/pbx"><env:Body><sns:IVRInput><CallID>313538383236343131323436363937-c6qipkp2gide</CallID><Output></Output><From>&quot;Alessandro Marzini&quot; &lt;sip:40@localhost&gt;</From><To>&quot;IVR Zero&quot; &lt;sip:4000@localhost&gt;</To><IpAdr>tls:192.168.178.136:35913</IpAdr></sns:IVRInput></env:Body></env:Envelope>

So it seems working now. What I don't understand is why I've to put the single dash (-) when docs are saying:

"If the destination field contains a single dash (-) and the pattern matches, the PBX will disconnect the call."

Ok...I finally found the correct DTMF Match List ->  !([0-9]+)#!\1! for any number ending with #

Also the example in the doc !^([0-9]{3})$!\1! is working...

I don't know, it seems an "autosolvingproblem" case :D

Next step is how to make the server responding to redirect the call where I want..

• 1 year later...
On 4/30/2020 at 10:42 AM, almoondsllc said:

I have a config like in the Screenshot attached but whle I'm listening on 192.168.178.123 port 8181, I'm not getting nothing there when I call the 4000 ivr node from an internal phone and even if I digit something, nothing happen, that's why I asked just an example of the configuration

Istantanea_2020-04-30_17-39-58.png

Istantanea_2020-04-30_17-39-27.png

I noticed {Output} doesn't send anything to the server except '{output}' in string format lol.

How were you able to send the captured digits?

• 9 months later...
On 10/14/2022 at 8:48 PM, AlanS said:

Is that sns correct?  xmlns:sns="http://soap.com/pbx" and xmlns:sns="http://www.vodia.com/soap/pbx" do not resolve

That was never resolving—it was always more like eye candy. I would stay away from SOAP and XML as far as you can and focus on REST instead.

8 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

That was never resolving—it was always more like eye candy. I would stay away from SOAP and XML as far as you can and focus on REST instead.

Yes. I hate soap.

I now have a fully working example with IVR nodes and a Node.js server now...

A few notes... Returning XML does absolutely nothing, the docs have no example of returning JSON... but returning a single text string of the destination works. This could work, as long as you have an IVR Node for every positive and negative scenario.