App showing PBX logo, not domain logo

Enzo Matrix

Hey team,

We are using the Multitenant version of PBX.

One of our selling points using Vodia over 3CX was that our customers can have their own branding and not 3CX all over the place.

This generally works well, except in the apps. On the Android app and Windows app, our customers domains are picking up our company logo (the PBX logo) as opposed to their domain SVG files.

Is this something that can be fixed at our end, or is this how the system works?

There are limits of what we can do because of the various app stores. For example, we tried to change the logo for the Android app and Google took the app down because we were seen as "imposer". The road to go is to do co-branding, so that the logo appears inside the app, similar to what we already do on the web front end. Most customers are perfectly okay with it, it's similar to the experience on the desktop phone. The plastic has the manufacturers name printed on it and the display shows the company logo.

There is some info on https://doc.vodia.com/docs/appearance on how you can drop the logo into the file system, then it will override the built-in logo. For new installations you can just copy the content of the pbxwebai directory to clone to customization, this is usually much faster than going into the web interface and doing it from there.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, since version 66 we have not been able to get custom logos back into the WEB user portal, it displays on domain admin, Android, iOS and Chrome Container apps great! But just not on the WEB user portal.  We just upgraded to 67.02 but that did not help. what is the process to customize logo for the web portal - what could we be doing wrong if we upload the logo and it displays on the domain admin and apps but not web user portal?  Thanks for your help. 

585233719_howtouploadlogo.thumb.PNG.2658fb7b52e74c0602830f24dd508e8e.PNG

I think we are missing a step or not understanding how to upload the logo onto the PBX in the first place.  On the domain admin logo upload page it says "the light theme logo will be used for the web interface" so just to clarify, this is where we put the logo that we want to appear on the USER PORTAL web page right? 

Assuming yes, then the behavior I'm noticing is that I can select a SVG file with dimensions 210x55 and preview the logo looks terrific in this window, i click SAVE and it appears to have saved, but if I refresh the page or navigate back to it, the preview is no longer displayed and all I see is the screen shot below with blank previews.  Is this normal behavior that lgoo preview is no longer displayed when returning to this page or should it be showing me the logos currently applied?   

logoupload-min.thumb.png.7da00ca5d1279b02a47d4b38f79f1d16.png

Realizing that this is a WindowsApp thread and I'm asking about tenant branding in the WebApp which may or may not even be possible, it was in version 65 but is that something that has been depreciated now as I've not been able to reproduce specific tenant branding in the Web User Portal (using chrome browser) since version 65.  The logo in the Web user portals seems to pull from the system not the tenant.

Perhaps this is more of a feature request then:  We would like the User Web Portal to pull logo from the tenant, not the system - in the same way the Windows App, Android/iOS App and Domain Portal do. 

There was actually a glitch with the permission check for the logo which was too restrictive. This should be working now in 68.0.1. 

The new Windows app should be puling pretty much all content from the PBX, as if it would be a browser. The problem is that the cache cannot be refreshed like in the browser, and this seems to cause problems.