Tenant administration

RichardDCG

• 4 months later...
On 10/25/2021 at 11:55 PM, Vodia PBX said:

Its in "thought" stage. We have a few hardcoded flags like for handling trunks, but eventually we need something similar like the groups in the tenants. 

Is this likely to progress?  It could be handy to allow tenants to 'self manage' to differing degrees.  i.e. one tenant allow to manage their own extensions - naming etc.  And another to be able to manage their whole PBX, change trunk destinations, add ring groups, queues etc.

At the moment it is all or nothing global.

We did make some progress, e.g. there are roles for managing the shared address book, queues and access recordings. IMHO things like changing trunk destinations should be done by a domain administrator and there should be no such role for end users. But for example more management of ring groups could be something than an end user could do. 

There are global tenant admin privileges - change Trunks, Dial plans, Accounts, ANI.  But this is for every tenant.  Ideally what I would like is per tenant to have permissions granted for varying degrees.  Updating extension names, ring groups, uploading hold music etc.  Potentially there would also be need for a tenant admin with complete control of their own tenancy.

• 2 months later...

Is this something that can be incorporated into a build?  It would be handy to be able to offload some tasks - extension names, ring group membership, hold music etc to a tenant to semi self manage without allowing them complete access.  Other tenants may be able to handle the admin of the PBX themselves and could be granted more privilege, at the moment this is all a global setting.

• 2 months later...

we have some tenants that would like to self manage (to a degree) their own PBX instance.  Is there a way we can set what they can and cannot do per tenant and not a single global setting?

Option to rename extensions, add/remove from queues and ring groups.  Add permissions to extensions etc.  Without being able to add extensions or trunks.

Hi, Richard 

We only have tenant admin permission, for users to log into thier own tenant but cannot change certians settings, of course this is in a multi-tenant env.  

•  Queues and ring groups permission already available ;) 
  • Add pernission this can already be done with policy groups 
  • Being able to add extensions or trunks

image.png

Thanks, yes I understand the permissions.  However, how can a user add a new extension to a queue or the queue flow (I can see how they can be added/removed if already set in the admin)?

How does a user change the ring group?

How can a user manage the names of other extensions?

There are some menial tasks that can be managed by a local user without having to create an admin task.  I envisage this as a user admin login with specific tenant privileges and not via ext.?  Is this a viable option?

• 6 months later...

Will this be an option to be added?  I would like to be able to have a 'super user' for a tenant that can do basic housekeeping,  modify extensions, ring groups, queues etc but not add trunks or change dial plans.  And I may also like to have an admin for the tenancy that would manage the entire PBX for them.  This would be tenant by tenant, not the current global setting where all tenants have the same admin privilege set.

• 4 months later...

Will there be any update on this?  Admin levels would be very handy per tenant.  e.g. I can assign a user to manage only extension names and service flags and another can have the ability to be a general admin..  At the moment the admin for tenants is set globally and not per tenant.  

13 hours ago, Vodia PBX said:

We are adding more and more managerial tasks to the front end, e.g. now you can upload the callback list through the front end. Or you can now clear wakeup calls through the front end for other users. But there is still a lot to do. 

Is this just to VB69 or to V68 that is currently the production version?  Assigning a user account to menial tasks - update extension names etc can be quite useful.

• 6 months later...