Vodia Phone IOS app volume is very low

RichardDCG

Hi Toby,

This only changed with the new version of mobile app.  My dial plans are the same (and unchanged) as yours. The 0 is applied before any calling is made, it is as I type the number.

I assume that there is no leading 0 on any of your numbers?  It happens on mine after 4 digits ... the 5th digit introduces a leading 0. e.g if I type 1234 I get 1234 and if I type 12345 I get 012345.

13 hours ago, tobymac said:

Hi Richard,

I don't get that leading 0 I'm afraid.

odd.  I am using

iPhone 11

IOS 15.1

App ver. 1.15 (52)

PBX Ver 68.0.2 and 68.0.4 (and 5 beta)

I am typing this on the mobile app .. not what is being dialed.  The calls dial in and out ok.

It used to work, now anything over 4 digits and I get a 0 in front, unless I dial a number that already has a leading 0 (mobile etc.).  The same thing happens on another iPhone here (I don't have others to test further).

IMHO its not super critical, however I agree its confusing. Especially when there is no area code adding the "0" in front of it makes only limited sense. But IMHO it makes a lot of sense e.g. when dialing international. We'll have to look into this with the next iOS build and potentially also the other platforms. 

On 12/18/2021 at 8:32 AM, Vodia PBX said:

IMHO its not super critical, however I agree its confusing. Especially when there is no area code adding the "0" in front of it makes only limited sense. But IMHO it makes a lot of sense e.g. when dialing international. We'll have to look into this with the next iOS build and potentially also the other platforms. 

Not super critical in that is still functions, but it makes the app look unfinished.  If I need a 0 in front i.e. international, national and mobile calls there is no extra 0 added the number is normal.  It is only on local, 13/1300 and 1800 numbers....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

App version - 1.16 (54) notes on the app store says ".. The app works best with version 67 of the Vodia PBX".  Hopefully just an outdated note.

There are still issues with V68.0.6 - low volume and still inserts a leading 0 if you type more than 4 digits.  Also electrical noise when another extension resumes the call off hold. 

On the plus side the disable 'Call the app' only impacts the mobile app and not the desktop which is good!

The mobile app for iOS lets the side down, its not a finished product ready for deployment. But is definitely something I want to be able to include in the 'package' offering to our clients. At the moment I cant and need to manually configure other options.

16 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

App version - 1.16 (54) notes on the app store says ".. The app works best with version 67 of the Vodia PBX".  Hopefully just an outdated note.

Oh yes. It should say 67 or higher or maybe even 68.

16 hours ago, RichardDCG said:

There are still issues with V68.0.6 - low volume and still inserts a leading 0 if you type more than 4 digits.  Also electrical noise when another extension resumes the call off hold. 

This version also uses AGC for handset and headset. However we use a maximum gain of 4.0; we did not have the "guts" to set it higher yet 😂. If you look e.g. at a PCAP recording, the volume coming from the other side must be rather low. Also there might be the problem that ins some test flight versions we tried to use the app gain to solve the problem, and that gain is still in the app settings. We tried to google up and down the internet but there is no easy way to see that gain let alone change it from outside the app.

When the other side resumes the call? Does it matter if the other side is a SIP phone, Android app, web app or iOS app?

On 1/22/2022 at 4:32 AM, Vodia PBX said:

When the other side resumes the call? Does it matter if the other side is a SIP phone, Android app, web app or iOS app?

It doesn't seem to matter, when the other end takes the call off old the Vodia app plays a short electrical sound.

A niggling issue I have that is purely cosmetic (at this stage) is the leading 0 inserted by the app after I press more than 4 digits.  It doesn't seem to impact dialing at all but is not something I can push to clients.  It makes the app look unfinished.

Yea the electrical sound happens because the jitter buffer is "in trouble", but it's just a few milliseconds. It also happens at the beginning of the call, depending on what's in the buffer already. We will take care about this in the next revision.

The the problem with the zero is that in your area there should be no number that does not start without a zero (well, that is in theory) unless it is a local number. Maybe setting the area code will solve the problem, however its not a good user experience and the user has no control over this. Its probably better to just don't look at the number unless it starts with a user-entered zero. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2022 at 8:50 AM, Vodia PBX said:

It has already been fixed, will be part of the next version.

is there a date for this?  Currently still on 1.16 (54).  

The leading 0 is only really an issue with local number dialling.  Any number longer than 4 digits adds a leading 0.  However, it doesn't add an additional 0 if we dial mobile numbers for instance.  A mobile 04XX XXX XXX displays as 04XX XXX XXX, a local number XXXX XXXX displays as 0X XXXX XXX.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...