More than one SMS provider?

• 1 month later...

Yes, there are typically multiple SMS providers available in any given country or region. Mobile phone carriers are the most Aproviders of SMS services, but there are also other companies that offer SMS services as a standalone product.

SMS providers generally offer different packages and pricing options, and users can choose the provider that best meets their needs. Factors to consider when choosing an SMS provider include the cost of SMS messages, the reliability and coverage of the service, and any additional features or services that are offered.

In addition to traditional SMS providers, there are also a number of online platforms and applications that allow users to send SMS messages from their computers or smartphones. These platforms often offer additional features such as the ability to schedule SMS messages in advance, customize messages with images and graphics, and track the delivery and response rates of messages.

Overall, the availability of multiple SMS providers means that users have a wide range of options to choose from when it comes to sending SMS messages.

Source:SMSala

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

https://blog.vodia.com/Vodia_SMS_management I cant see this option in V69.2.3?  Our production PBX is running 68.0.30, how do I setup SMS individually for a tenant and not globally for all?  

Ideally each tenant will have an individual SMS config with the ability for inbound/outbound to/from a group of users.  

If a website has a mobile contact for sms and needs to be monitored by multiple people...

I see it with my V69.1.4, although Vodia version history says its available with V69.2 and blog post says V69.1.3 and above... I'm pretty sure you can get multiple providers to work on a single tenant. But I wonder if you'll get group SMS to work.. I don't think that's supported yet.. 

On 3/25/2024 at 9:36 PM, jvoiptel said:

But I wonder if you'll get group SMS to work.. I don't think that's supported yet.. 

69.2.4 starts to support sending bulk SMS to the numbers listed for a SMS policy. It's obviously a new feature, but it might hep to address the typical problems and it also has the ability that users can opt out.