Multiple Cellphones

Leonmeijer

Hello,

There was another topic about this but I would like to request a feature.

One of our customers needs to have 2 cellphones ringing from a hunt group. They want that the redirection of extensions will be followed (e.g. redirect all calls to <cellphone>.

I've read that this is a little problem but... their old PBX (ISDN) even had this function and also providers like www.callvoip.com offers this feature.

I would like to have this feature included as quick as possible because it's a requirement from our customer...

Please let me know...

There was another topic about this but I would like to request a feature.

One of our customers needs to have 2 cellphones ringing from a hunt group. They want that the redirection of extensions will be followed (e.g. redirect all calls to <cellphone>.

I've read that this is a little problem but... their old PBX (ISDN) even had this function and also providers like www.callvoip.com offers this feature.

I would like to have this feature included as quick as possible because it's a requirement from our customer...

Do you mean in the final stage? Or also on the hunt group stages?

Do you mean in the final stage? Or also on the hunt group stages?

I just want it to follow extension-redirects (or phone-book redirects) to cell/external phones. In final stage an other stages.

I know that final stage can call cellphone but creating 1 hunt group with in stage one, 2 other hunt groups which both have cellphone... it won't call the 2 final stages from the 2 hunt groups in the other hunt group.

THe customer just needs to call more cell-phones from hunt groups at a time...

I just want it to follow extension-redirects (or phone-book redirects) to cell/external phones. In final stage an other stages.

I know that final stage can call cellphone but creating 1 hunt group with in stage one, 2 other hunt groups which both have cellphone... it won't call the 2 final stages from the 2 hunt groups in the other hunt group.

THe customer just needs to call more cell-phones from hunt groups at a time...

Well, IMHO the fact that extension redirection does not apply to hunt group calls is a great feature (if you want that your calls follow you on another extension, use hot desking). If all hunt group calls end up on my cell phone I would go gaga.

I also believe that in most cases people will first think that adding their cell phones into the hunt group stages is a great idea, until they are sitting in a restaurant and getting hunt group support calls. But there might really be some cases where this really makes sense, then we can start doing the tricky job of getting that working.

Well, IMHO the fact that extension redirection does not apply to hunt group calls is a great feature (if you want that your calls follow you on another extension, use hot desking). If all hunt group calls end up on my cell phone I would go gaga.

I also believe that in most cases people will first think that adding their cell phones into the hunt group stages is a great idea, until they are sitting in a restaurant and getting hunt group support calls. But there might really be some cases where this really makes sense, then we can start doing the tricky job of getting that working.

Well, this customer has got many people who are usaually not at the office so when they don't answer theri phone on the office the call should be redirected to a cell phone (even from the hunt group)... Why old (not digital) PBX systems can do this??? and why a modern PBXnSIP software just CAN'T? it's very frustrating so I'm just requesting this feature because else they will not go to use PBXnSIP (I know that won't be your problem but... they like PBXnSIP but this feature is a requirement for them). Hope you will include this feature in the future...

Well, this customer has got many people who are usaually not at the office so when they don't answer theri phone on the office the call should be redirected to a cell phone (even from the hunt group)... Why old (not digital) PBX systems can do this??? and why a modern PBXnSIP software just CAN'T? it's very frustrating so I'm just requesting this feature because else they will not go to use PBXnSIP (I know that won't be your problem but... they like PBXnSIP but this feature is a requirement for them). Hope you will include this feature in the future...

I just don't want to break the existing semantics of redirect all. But what we could do is have a new semantics that would use the hot seating number. This number must currently be a extension; but we could instead all any number there and if it is not an extension that the PBX would dial that number and charge the extension for that call.

I just don't want to break the existing semantics of redirect all. But what we could do is have a new semantics that would use the hot seating number. This number must currently be a extension; but we could instead all any number there and if it is not an extension that the PBX would dial that number and charge the extension for that call.

Okay, they don't actually care about how it's done but just want to have 2 cell phones to ring together (when 1 picks up, the other should stop etc).